Recent content by nick-v

1. nick-v

KEF R Series with MAT white paper

Any chance there's a white paper with measurements coming for the new Ci Meta (R and Reference series) speakers?
  2. nick-v

Dirac DLBC now available for Marantz and Denon AVRs - Onkyo and Pioneer coming soon?

The Pioneer VSX-LX805 already has options for Single or Multi Sub DLBC along with it's Onkyo and Integra siblings (since June, 2023). Hopefully ART to come sometime in 2024.
  3. nick-v

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
  4. nick-v

Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review

Unfortunately, he didn't test it in it's vertical orientation.
  5. nick-v

Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review

I've always been genuinely impressed with SONOS speakers (for what they are). I've recommended them to many friends that aren't OCD about audio, but want good sound. I've sold and installed a number of SONOS systems as well through my integration company. I've heard the Five set up as a stereo...
  6. nick-v

Integra DRX-8.4

The THD+N @ 5 watts into 4 ohms in that graph looks atrocious. I hope @amirm gets his hands on one soon to put it through it's paces.
  7. nick-v

Integra DRX-8.4

I actually checked in my system today, and I'm getting the same thing. I tried some streaming DD+ content and also a DTS-HD concert.
  8. nick-v

Dayton Audio APA1200DSP Review (DSP Amplifier)

Dang, I was looking at picking up an APA1200DSP until I saw this review. Guess I'm going to try a bridged Hypex NC502MP instead (1000 watts @ 4 Ohms, 1200 watts @ 8 Ohms). Small package, no fans... I'll add a miniDSP 2x4 HD or Flex for the low end boost and subsonic filter (18" subwoofer in a...
  9. nick-v

Integra DRX-8.4

If you have the latest firmware installed, the setting is definitely available in the CI web configuration tool. I can't remember if it's available in the app or the physical GUI or not.
  10. nick-v

Integra DRX-8.4

I haven't tried it yet, since I'm still using the internal amps to power everything. Are you saying that when you turn the "front" amps off, that they're still powering the speakers?
  11. nick-v

NAD C 399 HybridDigital DAC Amplifier

Is this the same inter-sample peak distortion that is present in the C658 or something different?
  12. nick-v

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

Is there a consensus best "budget" USB-C phone dongle DAC to go with a pair of these?
  13. nick-v

Integra DRX-8.4

Agreed! I'm anxiously anticipating a review from @amirm (or at least the Onkyo or Pioneer variant).
  14. nick-v

Integra DRX-8.4

Woohoo! My entire house is Roon Ready, so this has been killing me...
  15. nick-v

New Kef in wall speakers

The 3160s are many generations old, released in 2014. They were based on the previous R Series (R100, R300, R500, R700, R900) The new updated meta models should be quite a bit better.
Top Bottom