Recent content by MSL

1. M

DIY Purifi Amp builds

tomchr I have to admit that I don't understand the talk about Input Buffer etc. I have an EVAL1 Stereo 1ET400A Evaluation Kit and an SMSL SU-8S https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/smsl-su-8s-review-balanced-stereo-dac.26685/ connected to balanced xlr output What should I...
  2. M

Power the raspberry pi through the SMPS1200A400

Is it possible to power a rasperry pi using a SMPS1200A400? I realize it's not plug and play. I ask because I want to use the same power source in my setup and build it all together in one setup. Purify EVAL1 smps1200a400 SMSL SU-8s Raspberry PI4 So what I want is suggestions to be able to...
  3. M

WiiM Mini Streamer

Can you do Amazon Music on a pi? Alexa voice control, losslessly? Google voice control? Can the pi act as a Chromecast renderer? Does it have a case with AV buttons, and a remote control without a huge hassle? Does it have coaxial and optical outputs without adding additional hardware which...
  4. M

WiiM Mini Streamer

https://github.com/mikebrady/shairport-sync/wiki/Digital-Signal-Processing-with-Shairport-Sync
  5. M

WiiM Mini Streamer

I don't understand the hype ... I use AirPlay 2 and nothing else. I have a rabperry pi with shairport sync and USB output. I also have trigger-out from my pi which turns my amp on/off. And then I have a fantastic volume control and I have DSP. If I want to leave Apple and switch to Spotify or...
  6. M

Which SpeakON connection type?

Okay ... then we know that too :cool: jeez
  7. M

Irrelevant question? You might as well ask if they are encrusted with diamonds. Of course they are copper or a percentage of them are (10%). I doubt they are pure copper
  8. M

I can guarantee it's not silver...and when it comes to a question like that, it starts to get a little hopeless. Sorry!
  9. M

I can tell you that soldering 12 awg is hell and something I will not do again. Having said that, I'm a huge fan of SpeakON
  10. M

Shairport-sync with Airplay2

Maybe it's an idea to read https://github.com/mikebrady/shairport-sync/blob/development/AIRPLAY2.md#airplay-2----more-about-what-works
  11. M

DIY Purifi Amp builds

What has that got to do with Purifi? And by the way, I understand just as little as the cat.
  12. M

Guide: EVAL1 off/on trigger

Update to stop.py and start.py #!/bin/python3 from gpiozero import LED from signal import pause led = LED(21) led.off() pause() There is no need to spend resources on keeping a script running, so therefore: #!/bin/python3 import sys from gpiozero import OutputDevice from signal import pause...
  13. M

By the way, I can add if you need 3V, and not 0V to trigger your smps to turn on, then swap these start.py and stop.py so it looks like this: run_this_before_entering_active_state = “home/pi/pyh/start.py"; run_this_after_exiting_active_state = “home/pi/pyh/stop.py";
  14. M

Hypex1200a400 have that functionality Audio jack Socket connected to the smps1200a400 ( PIN J5.1/J5.5) and the other to the Raspberry PI (GPIO/BCM pin 21 and GND39)
  15. M

The pi>smps>amp The smps get 0V from the pi on play and 3.3V on stop/pause
Top Bottom