Recent content by mk1classic

1. mk1classic

Review and Measurements of Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier

How can we retrace this discussion back to be relevant to the Purifi 1ET400A amplifier? Do we see a possible problem with HF oscilation with the 1ET400A design? We have seen hf measurements but not under high load?
  2. mk1classic

According to the user manual for your speaker: "Typically, best performance comes with use of amplifiers capable of >150W continuous into 8 ohms" The boxem mentioned is 210w @8ohm, so should be more that suitable. Why would you "overpower" the speakers? If you need to power and play a...
  3. mk1classic

GR Research B24 AC Cord Review

Just a side note... Too bad one can't use one of these cables on the new Topping DM7 DAC... You can't operate the power switch with an end termination of this size..
  4. mk1classic

Mark Levinson No 5909 Headphone Review

Who would by this for analogue use? If JBL could sell a headaet with beryllium coated drivers for 300 to 400 USD, yes please! But I don't think they can. I see this as a luxury highend all-in-one headset, but not for your daily commute.
  5. mk1classic

Mark Levinson No 5909 Headphone Review

What alternative is there to these ML's if you want one headset for computer work with ANC, Teams meetings, music listening from computer or phone and regular phone calls ? I can of course add a microphone to my Audeze LCD-XC's but they don't have the flexibility and don't have ANC which may be...
  6. mk1classic

Lynx Aurora 8 Review (8-channel DAC/ADC)

Does the DB25 connector influence the sound reproduction in a negative way? Short D-sub looms can be bought for the price of a few aftermarket sold Neutrik connectors.
  7. mk1classic

Bruno Strikes Again. Purifi 1ET7040SA VTV Amplifier.

I raised the question to Purifi if the new module will be available for the DIY crowd. This was their response: "No, not for time being. The new 1ET7040SA is in very scarce supply and we have difficulties manufacturing enough modules as-is. We may revisit the decision later should the component...
  8. mk1classic

Bruno Strikes Again. Purifi 1ET7040SA VTV Amplifier.

ROUGE STUDIO N8 PURIFI 1ET7040SA according to their facebook page.
  9. mk1classic

Audeze LCD-XC Review (Closed-back Headphone)

The 2021 LCD-XC where my first headphones after 20+ years without quality headphones. It's nice to see the measurements confirm what I hear. I see people complain about the weight. They are heavy but aren't uncomfortable while listening to them at my home office for a few hours at a time. They...
  10. mk1classic

If that is the case, I don't see why you should not buy a NAD C298 if easily available in Canada. I expect NAD has full access and more to Purifi Audios experience database with the amplifier modules. They also may have a larger technical division than any of the "boutique" brands like Vera...
  11. mk1classic

So far Vera Audio P150/600 is the only one with bridgeable 1ET400A amplifier modules (that I know of). Their build quality looks to be better than most other 1ET400A based amplifiers, but the price also reflect this.
  12. mk1classic

How VTV is setup may not be the same as Purifi's setup as 1et400a datasheet says; Exceptionally clean clipping and clipping-recovery in both voltage and current domains o Clips cleanly and recovers immediately without “overhang”. Current limiting is equally instantaneous and glitch free. This...
  13. mk1classic

Aluminium plate https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-purifi-1et400a-amplifier.7984/post-203834 https://vtvamplifier.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/DO01020121SMALL-1-scaled.jpg
  14. mk1classic

I have a collection of Anaview AMS0100 amps and a Purifi EVAL1 amplifier on my speaker setup. I heard no hiss from my speakers when running passiv crossovers, but now when I run the speaker with a cheap "PA" DSP based active crossover then I can hear a weak hiss from the midrange horn and the...
  15. mk1classic

Hifiman Arya Review (headphone)

Thanks for the review! An off-topic response: At first glance, it doesn't look like an optical illusion. But I expect @amirm would have reacted if one of the 3.5mm connectors would point down and forward, while the other one rearwards. Note, the egg-shaped earpiece would not fit upside down...
Top Bottom