Recent content by Merida

1. M

Can't understand something simple

Don, that was very helpful. thank you. :))
  2. M

alright, so if it were a stream of bits represented in a 12 bit format, 00000000010100000000000. This in terms of pulses will be two pulses while the rest are all 0s. Therefore using a LPF will get rid of trailing pulse, thus ending up with 00000000010000000000000 and hence 4 volts...
  3. M

I read the following sentence in this The Scientist and Engineer's Guide to Digital Signal Processing By Steven W. Smith which talks about ADC & DACs. "For example, suppose that the ones and zeros are represented by 5 volts and 0 volts, respectively. If 80% of the bits in the data stream are...
  4. M

Discrepancy in my dB SPL calculations

Thank you for that. That explanation justifies what I obtained as an output.
  5. M

yes. From a electrical point of view, it all adds up. But I need some clarity while calculating dB SPL. Hoping someone will be able to clarify. Input is 94 dB SPL reference to 1 pa. Because of the microphone sensitivity 50 mV/Pa, -26 dB ± 1.5 dB re 1 V/Pa we will assume a Vrms value of...
  6. M

I couldn't locate a T splitter, so I tried connecting the 2671 directly to the scope. There is no visible output signal on the Scope. The signal is visible only if I connect through the Sig Conditioner.
  7. M

Before i try this. just another thought. based on the Func Gen --> Sig cond --> Osc setup. 10 mV at func gen = 100 mV/unit at Sig Cond = 1.02V at Osc There is an amplification factor of 100. Now, with my actual experiment, input . 50 mVrms Same amplification factor of 100 ...
  8. M

Based on the above setup, i replaced the function generator with the Extech signal generator for the experiment that I did. Every other setting remained the same. But I do see that I'm off by a factor of 10 in my experiment. i am trying to account for this factor.
  9. M

I'm certain the conditioner amplifies by 100, because of this test that I did earlier to this experiment. I connected a function generator to the Signal conditioner. the output from the signal conditioner is connected to the oscilloscope. The input is set at 10 mV. The signal...
  10. M

I posted on a couple of other forums. i haven't had much luck. I realize this post is very specific & complex. But i can't figure out on my own what my mistake is. Hoping someone here will be able to help me out. Using this post as a reference, I tried an experiment. I connected a Extech...
Top Bottom