Recent content by Masterasterix777

1. Masterasterix777

SMSL A100 Review (Stereo Amplifier)

Thanks for the input. Actually we haven't done the mods yet due to scarcity of audio grade caps from Nichicon here, and what i think Dr.Mick was referring to here was being extremely gentle while twisting and pulling the caps obviously and i have tried it with a lot of success ( no damage to any...
  2. Masterasterix777

JBL Studio 530 Speaker Review

Also is the original stock iron core/steel core enough to be replaced back or would you suggest buying new Dayton Audio 1.5mh iron core inductors so that the bass improves and gets its heft back.
  3. Masterasterix777

JBL Studio 530 Speaker Review

Though i write this nearly after 3 years of ur post. I would agree 1000% with what you have said. HATS OFF TO UR EXPERIENCE & UNDERSTANDING of components. What you have explained is exactly my situation now & i relate to it, I'm fascinated with the cheap JBL A130 speakers and wanted to enhance...
  4. Masterasterix777

The USB slot works fine with external storage, having used it with a 64gb pendrive with FLAC files does a pretty good job( not sure if there's a bottle neck here while using FLAC).Have used an external hard drive without any hiccups and it sounds ok. However it sounds best using Aux. Will be...
  5. Masterasterix777

All i would like to say is ....YOU ARE UNBELIEVABLY GIVING and so supportive. I am touched by your kind gestures. Thanks so much for being YOU." This world would be a better place to live in.....If there were many more like you "
  6. Masterasterix777

Luckily found the other one too( 6 coupling caps). Wanted to check with you of this was the right one before i make the purchase.
  7. Masterasterix777

Morning Dr.Mick, kindly suggest another brand that's as good as Nichicon , coz incase i dont find the same one ,atleast i can buy a similar one from another brand ( company).You have a great day ahead.
  8. Masterasterix777

Is this the correct one that you were referring to ?
  9. Masterasterix777

Really sorry to bother you Sir. I tried searching YT for videos on mods for the A100 but couldn't find even one, also tried searching for pics that show the parts (exact ones) that need to be replaced with the better Nichicons and couldn't find any. Do you have any specific pics or videos that...
  10. Masterasterix777

Brilliant way of explaining things....You make it so easy to follow the right steps. Will surely take your help incase i reach a roadblock. First will source the Nichicon caps as they're a Lil hard to find here in India, but il try my best. Will also look into the videos you suggested. Have a...
  11. Masterasterix777

Thanks a ton for all the inputs. I am not very keen on Bi amping as my speakers don't support them.So adding the chokes is out of question here just like u suggested. Next I'm going to surely start searching for the Nichicon caps in India and have them changed by a capable tech guy. You have no...
  12. Masterasterix777

Dear Sir, Need your guidance with regards to the addition of chokes on this amp. Even without these chokes I'm really enjoying the SQ ,using the amp to power a pair of JBL STAGE A130 speakers. Do you think it would be better if i add these chokes / inductors before the output stage & if it would...
  13. Masterasterix777

Completely agree with you that A100 is surely better than the Aiyima A07....Infact i was on the verge of selling this amp after letting it sit in storage after buying it ( had only used it for 45 minutes after it got delivered to check if all was fine). But thank God for having come across your...
  14. Masterasterix777

Review and Measurements of SMSL AD18 DAC & Amp

Just Brilliant. You outlined so well and precisely. It was like a cake walk for me with ur instructions. Grateful to you and for taking time out to reply.
  15. Masterasterix777

Review and Measurements of SMSL AD18 DAC & Amp

Brother, could you kindly tell me what menu options does pressing the volume knob offer. Like just the main options for example. 1st press - coaxial 2nd press- optical 3rd press - Bluetooth etc, just give me a brief idea as i have to use Bluetooth without the screen. Just give me a rough idea...
Top Bottom