Recent content by M00ndancer

1. M00ndancer

using optical trough a soundcard to dac

You can use any internal PC soundcard with an optical out. The Asus Xonar XD is a cheap and good one.
  2. M00ndancer

Dac upgrade help

I'm positive that it's not the DAC that's the problem. Only way to be sure is a blind test. Could even be that you hear the flaws in the recordings now.
  3. M00ndancer

Replace noisy laptop as music source

This! I use a similar setup. Music on a NAS and a CCA connected to my HAD-1 via toslink.
  4. M00ndancer

Power conditioner for Euro plugs.

This solves the surge issues: APC Surgearrest Essential Grenuttag med overspenningsvern 5-veis From Kjell.com in Norway, 400 NOK.
  5. M00ndancer

Dac upgrade help

Why? The DAC you have is good enough, unless there is some function you're missing. What's wrong with your DAC?
  6. M00ndancer

Tough decision M400 or X-SABRE Pro MQA?

Get the cheapest one, or the one with with the functions you need.
  7. M00ndancer

Review and Measurements of Chromecast Audio Digital Output

Sometimes I use one of my CCAs with a powerbank as a make shift headphone amp. Great when I'm in the garden.
  8. M00ndancer

Does this system make sense?

When you have your basic needs satisfied there are other things than sound of the DAC that's important. Features, headphone out impedance, build quality, warranty etc. To weed out the crap and get a unbiased (as much as that is possible) test. Getting away from manufacturers BS. At least...
  9. M00ndancer

es9280c or WHS9415 for type c dac. price difference worth it?

No idea, it's all in the implementation of the dac-chip it self. Who is the manufacturer?
  10. M00ndancer

Do DACs and headphone amps have different voice and instrument timbre texture?

But that post is several hours old, it must be something new that is bothering @100rounddrum
  11. M00ndancer

Do DACs and headphone amps have different voice and instrument timbre texture?

That combined with the answer from @majingotan give you the answer you need. DACs (if they have a linear response curve they do not impact the timber.) Amps might do it if you have an impendance miss match (in the case of the IEM) and the headphone is susceptible to it. What I really want to...
  12. M00ndancer

Is there an audibly better streamer than Chromecast Audio?

Good point, I don't use Spotify only my kids, and I'm only wanted when "Spotify doesn't works daddy....!!!!" as the inhome tech.
  13. M00ndancer

DACs that better compensate for noise

The knowledgebase here is wast. The willingness to feed trolls, not so much. But what really matters is that you don't take your self to seriously and accept that you know alot but nothing in the grand scheme of things. Same goes for my profession, IT-educator. Some people cant grasp that...
Top Bottom