• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Question about Powered Speaker + DAC + AMP

14minutes

Hello,

Now I have 'Audioengine A2+' speaker and I plan to buy a 'Topping E50' DAC to improve the sound quality of the speaker.
My question is if I buy the 'Topping E50' together with 'Topping L50' will it make differences in term of sound quality (compare to connected only 'E50' alone)?

Thank you very much!!

dfuller

Major Contributor
Hello,

Now I have 'Audioengine A2+' speaker and I plan to buy a 'Topping E50' DAC to improve the sound quality of the speaker.
My question is if I buy the 'Topping E50' together with 'Topping L50' will it make differences in term of sound quality (compare to connected only 'E50' alone)?

Thank you very much!!
I'm not sure what the L50 would even do here - it's a headphone amp.

And unless you're running the A2s from something truly dire, I doubt the difference between it and the E50 would be audible.

M00ndancer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Probably wont make a difference. Better speakers will.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Hello,

Thank you very much!!

What are you feeding it with now?

Katji

Major Contributor
It is very unlikely that you would even perceive any difference.
Although the Topping DAC measurements are probably better than the Audioengine DAC would be, it unlikely the difference would be audible in this case (with the Audioengine speakers.)
And doing this would add unnecessary cables and connections and ADC (analog to digital conversion - unless you are already inputting analog to the Audioengine speaker, like from computer headphone/AUX output.)

OP

14minutes

Thank you everyone, I've change my mind I would go for 'Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt'. I just need a better qudio quality than my current 'Cyrus Sound Key'.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom