Recent content by Librarium

1. L

Amp advice for a newbie!

Thank you for all the great advice guys! I think I will go with the passive + amp route, hopefully won't be dissapointed.
  2. L

Amp advice for a newbie!

Thanks for the reply! In that case I think Denon is a good choice, I've read some rave reviews, it has DAC and lots of power. I live in California, prefer standmounts, S40 is ideal size wise. I really like Dynaudio as a brand (owned some monitors and active speakers) and the way their speakers...
  3. L

Amp advice for a newbie!

It's interesting because on a different forum people told me that it's better to spend more on the amp, and I won't get S40's full potential with "cheaper" amps. Denon was called Mid-Fi. Do you think Schiit Ragnarok 2 will drive them ? I want to get an integrated amp ideally, and I heard these...
  4. L

Amp advice for a newbie!

It's a 25 square meter room (5m X 5m), mostly for music listening (Tidal/Qobuz)
  5. L

Amp advice for a newbie!

$4000 is for speakers + amp, my bad, I'll edit the post.
  6. L

Amp advice for a newbie!

Hey folks! I'm new in the passive/amp audio, had active speakers my whole life, looking to get something better for my living room TV setup. My speaker of choice would probably be Dynaudio Special 40 or maybe Evoke 20. My budget is around $4000 for speakers and amp, so probably gonna get both...
Top Bottom