Recent content by Kutusov

1. K

Good power strip in Europe, no filters?

Thanks guys, I already found what I was looking for :)
  2. K

Thanks guys! What I'm after is something internaly like this: As you can see, every outlet is directly wired with good electric cable and without having to share power in series with another socket. I would have to check with the seller what's on the other side of that first board sort of...
  3. K

Thanks but I was looking for something in Europe, just not to deal with the customs guys. Ideally, I wouldn't even want any fuses or surge protection in it also...
  4. K

Hi, apparently this isn't an easy one. I'm looking for a 4 to 6 plug power strip with an aluminium case and proper star wiring, not those brass rails a lot of them have. No filters or other bells and whistles. Closest thing I came across is the made to order Audiophonics ones that are over €400...
  5. K

Any news on Advance Paris KC400 EVO?

I'm also interested in this brand but also highly suspicious. Like @fabmeyer stated, recent units seem to get very good reviews stemming mainly from central Europe (Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium especially). I've only noticed the brand maybe a year ago because well regarded hifi sellers...
  6. K

Iota VX SA3 as a preamp... thoughts?

I'm looking into upgrading my amp (Iota stack) but I'm coming across a difficulty. The integrateds I'm looking at don't have the preamp section the Iota has. I thought I would hate it but having a remote that moves volume in 1db increments and shows me the numbers has hugely improved the way I...
  7. K

How do you find new music? - asking for a dinosaur friend...

This! I used to find tons of cool music in bars with the similar Soundhound. Somehow this one seemed to work better, Shazan would sometimes struggle with stuff they would play.
  8. K

Aha, Pandora isn't available in my country... :facepalm: :rolleyes:
  9. K

Wow, that's a lot more replies than I was expecting! Regarding Spotify, recommendations are based on the lists you put in, right? I'm going to take a look at that, where I live radio stations are very poor and at the very least I could use it on the car. I used to have Pandora ages ago...
  10. K

Do you have a specific app/service/whatever that gets you great recommendations for music you didn't know about before? I just play music files stored on an HD through MusicBee, usually on shuffle, and haven't even considered streaming services. What I've noticed is that I get to new music less...
  11. K

Any Audioengine A5+ competitors?

Oh, those should be pretty good, congrats! :)
  12. K

There is a pair of small speakers I would be curious about, the Ruark Audio MR1 MkII. Small, gorgeous and have a volume knob on top :p. They get excellent reviews, maybe too good for such a small speaker.
  13. K

From what I remember reading, the YU6s are nice but far from great. At that price point, and depending where you live, I would look into a the Triangle Elaras active, Hivi Swan M200MkIII, Edifier S2000MkIII or S1000db, etc. But I would say these are too big and heavy for desk use.
  14. K

Too much midrange? How to fix?

The problem is the rented flat that came with very crappy furniture, I just can't get rid of it. The room they are in is also my office, so there's a desk and stuff... I have to live with it for a couple of years or so and then I'll either move out or end up buying it if the landlord is willing...
  15. K

Too much midrange? How to fix?

Thanks guys! Yes, room is a nightmare for sound to begin with, with very reflective ceramic floor and a couple of naked walls. It's a rented flat, so not much I can do. Also the reason I'm trying to squeeze all that I can from these speakers instead of buying new ones. They have amazing reviews...
Top Bottom