Recent content by Keksstein

1. K

7.1.4 setup, Genelec vs KEF

I guess my skills are not high enough to build a speaker like this, it would also be hard to find someone who will do the fine adjustment with the drivers. I start to really like to integrate the speakers directly in the wall, By looking at the drivers, I really ask myself if Perlisten is...
  2. K

I'm pretty impressed how bad those in wall speakers Erin has measured are... Even not linear FR on axis. KEF and Revel seems to be the best, but compare the FR with the KEF R3 Meta ich is even Cheaper. Not sure how the in wall KEF Reference will perform, I found a single measurement of the FR...
  3. K

It seems like they want to sell their self made speakers, in a video they explain that they only plan your room if they can choose the components they want to use. They had KEF in their older setups, I guess I could ask. I have already written to a company close the place where I life, they plan...
  4. K

This is of course a very good way to get the room under control, placing a full range speaker in the room is not very easy. I'm reading in a german home/pro recording community since many years, its really surprising how much effort (and space) they need to use to get even small speakers under...
  5. K

Yes, I know them, I life in the Stuttgart area and would need ~10 Minutes with the car to reach them. :) The acoustic concept they use makes sense to me, only thing I dont like much is their Speakers. They use B&W, Swans and Monitor Audio Speakers, for their “highend” stuff they build the...
  6. K

In the past I had compact speakers (Cabasse Bora) paired with an 700W/ch PA Amp. Everytime I switched the unit on I expected the speaker to blow up... and my Ears too. No joke, the 8381 scares me, specially for short distances. Of course I would love to hear them. :)
  7. K

For the rear a really good option, for the front speaker the 8351A will be a little bit weak I guess. Genelec recommends mixing them.
  8. K

Interesting, I really thought in wall / flush mounting is done to boost the LF (= getting higher SPL) mainly. Genelec seems to have a solution for everything, the 1238A AC & DF could work in my room for the 7 Chanel layer. For Atmos its impossible of course. Price is not so much higher as far...
  9. K

For the Subwoofers I really think building them myself is the best way, also to integrate them perfectly in the room. For the Dirac ART support, as far a I know it will work if you place 1-2 Subwoofers near the rear speakers. The Perlisten setup Storm was using to show the advantages of Dirac...
  10. K

Thank you very much :) you are right, I have forgotten a few things. Subwoofers are planed of course, since they are not as complicated as fullrange speakers I was thinking of building them myself using ~8 ScanSpeak 30W4558 Woofers. (I already have 4 of them) They need around 55l (1,94cu ft) in...
  11. K

Hello, next year I will be able to create my own home cinema/ music listening room in the basement, room is big (enough) and symmetrical. Around 27m2 / 290 square feet. I really want to spend much time in this room, 50% of the use will be simply to listen to music. Its kind of unrelaxing to...
  12. K

Genelec 8361A in a distance of 3,5m/11,5ft or something else?

Thanks, then the best setup will be 8361A for the Front + Center, rest of the speakers 8341A. If the low ceiling is an issue, 8331A will be also a good choice for Atmos. Best regards, Jan
  13. K

Yes, I have seen the chart, but this is measured with a full range signal. I thought, if I cut the signal under 80-100Hz, perhaps 8361 & 8351 can produce the same SPL. Midrange/tweeter are the same, power to the drivers is the same, bass driver of both speakers should be bored. But I'm not sure...
  14. K

Would make my life just easier with the flush mount kit for the rear to use 8341A. Do you think the 8361A will produce higher SPL over 80Hz than the 8351B? Power for the tweeter and midrange is the same, only the waveguide is smaller. For those speakers, there is also a flush mount kit...
  15. K

Thanks, then I will go with the 8361A (or 8351A) solution. Best regards, Jan
Top Bottom