Recent content by jtk9412

1. J

New set of graphs for all speakers reviews

I saw this post claiming that the Edifier MR4 was upgraded: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/edifier-mr4-measurements-its-probably-been-upgraded.42941/ Just wanted to let you know, it might be better to update the MR4 EQ, or not. I would also like to know what's...
  2. J

What target curve does Spinorama.org uses for their EQs?

Does that really going to be better than this: How accurate can an iPhone microphone measure the frequencies? That's why I didn't want to go with full range with House Curve and preferred only room EQing below 400 and get above 400Hz from Spinorama and merge them. By the way, how should I set...
  3. J

What target curve does Spinorama.org uses for their EQs?

I would like to room EQ my speakers for below 400Hz. For above 400Hz, I will be copying the data from Spinorama.org. I want to set the same target curve that Spinorama used for Edifier MR4 to my room EQ.
  4. J

Is it ideal to Room EQ 20 - 20000 Hz? I need some advice.

I am planning to room EQ up to 400Hz, and then gather my speaker's EQ'd data from Spinorama.org and merge these two EQs. I will delete Spinorama data until 400Hz and paste my measurements. For above 400Hz, it will remain the same from the Spinorama data. Is this ideal?
  5. J

I just made a PEQ 20 - 500Hz. When I am exporting FIR, should I go with 20 - 20kHz or 500 - 20kHz? Since I already made PEQ to 500Hz, I wonder if I should start from 20 or 500Hz for FIR. Also is there a way to eliminate the latency that FIR creates? I read that more than 2-3 times and I could...
  6. J

I checked some posts and comments, people say it is ideal to EQ below 300 Hz and sometimes below 500 Hz in some rare cases. And some say full range EQ is ideal if you want speaker correction as well. I own a pair of Edifier MR4s, which are budget speakers. Since it's high frequencies are too...
  7. J

What are your thoughts on B&K target curve with speakers?

I heard that B&K target was made for headphones. I know it is still preference but is it ideal to use it on my Edifier MR4 speakers? Edifier MR4's official frequency response. B&K target curve has Harman-like looking on lower frequencies while it starts to go lower than flat after 1K. When I...
  8. J

Edifier MR4 Review (Budget Monitor)

How can I use SPL Horizontal and SPL Vertical txt files together to make my own EQ? I am trying to import these datas to squig.link and autoeq.app but the websites do not accept the format or doesn't work properly.
  9. J

How to export speaker data from images and EQ them for a better experience?

I remember not going higher than 7000Hz when I am EQ'ing my headphones since the Auto EQ stuff is not pretty good above 7000Hz. What is the best frequency range for room EQ? I selected 30 to 15000 with 10dB max gain, PEQ filter type. If there is a better settings, I would like to apply them.
  10. J

I just used HouseCurve and now I have my own room EQ for both Harman and B&K targets. Thank you for the advice though, the app is perfect. Same for its developer, pretty friendly gentleman. Now what is the next step for me? Should I merge this room EQ with another Edifier MR4 EQ? Should I make...
  11. J

A collection of speaker target responses in .csv/.txt format

I would like to know if the Harman target on the first post is the latest one.
  12. J

A collection of speaker target responses in .csv/.txt format

Thank you for the post, that's what I was looking for.
  13. J

I got the data exported using WebPlotDigitizer however I can't set the scale properly. The program only allows me to select 2 X and 2 Y spots. Since the length of the frequencies are not equal on the graph, it exports wrong scaled data. Do you know how could I make it right?
  14. J

Which image should I use for WebPlotDigitizer? There are a ton of them on the post.
Top Bottom