Recent content by Johan Liebert

1. Johan Liebert

Speaker Cables?

Why do you need 2 different lengths? If you need 8 meters than I guess you gotta go with 8 meters if that has to do anything with speaker placement and room size. 10 AWG will give you a lower impedance which will be the most significant factor I guess.
  2. Johan Liebert

How important is the room and room reflections? Panels, Bass Traps etc...

Thank you for the recommendation of Toole's book! From the bit of reading I've done here I find it interesting that whether or not the side reflections are absorbed or not can affect the perception of sound stage!
  3. Johan Liebert

Which Speakers Are Know To Have The Best Spinorama Measurements?

Good point, I'm not made of money even though I'm single.
  4. Johan Liebert

Revel M105 vs M106 -- how to interpret measurements?

So I guess the M105's do measure better... But if you get them, Sub(s) are highly recommended while you may be able to get away with no subs on the M106's
  5. Johan Liebert

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

It's not cheap but the Gershman Studio II have been making some buzz on youtube. I would love to see measurements of them and I have no idea if someone donated one of them like has been done for the Buchardt S400 or other speakers that have had a lot of buzz/hype.
  6. Johan Liebert

I guess I can be a bit more patient. Not moving to my new place until June.
  7. Johan Liebert

Thanks, I do find it interesting that the Kef R3's and Genelecs were the best measuring so far in so much that I'm taking a serious look at the R3s.
  8. Johan Liebert

I love the independent measurements taken on this site. But I've seen mentions of related products for both passive and active speakers that have better measurements yet. For example when the M16s were reviewed I found it interesting that the M126Be didn't have better measurements than their...
  9. Johan Liebert

How important is the room and room reflections? Panels, Bass Traps etc...

I see it on other forums all the time about the room. Whether or no there's defraction panels, sound absorbing panels and bass traps and I'm just trying to make heads or tails out of all this.
  10. Johan Liebert

Speaker Cables?

Thank you for the measurements!
  11. Johan Liebert

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

I heard DIRAC and mini DSP works wonders when you got passive speakers.
  12. Johan Liebert

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

Wow, these are excellent for 600 a pair. I wonder how these would do near field.
  13. Johan Liebert

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

That's Revel's top of the line bookshelves no? Sounds like they're amazing near field as well.
Top Bottom