Recent content by jaykay77

1. J

Yamaha R-N2000A network receiver

yamaha always sticks to their formula and it works. Exudes quality and class. My NS1000's are my favorite speakers of all time, and my vintage yamaha amps are the only ones that have not had a single issue. ever. The toyota of audio.
  2. J

Aperion N5T Speaker Review

Do people really come on this website and purchase speakers based on graphs and measurements only without listening?
  3. J

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

Was it the what hifi review? Worst! They only usually recommend British brands, and trashed technics because they have (had) a product that’s probably better sounding than the ls50, which it seems to directly compete with!
  4. J

So - pat on the back to Amir not fudging the objective measurements. Seems silly. I think it's time he introduces some subjectivism, A/B listening tests to this site.
  5. J

I'm very confused about the forum rating system...I'm assuming most people have not listened to or used the equipment prompting the rating box...Are we supposed to rate things based on what Amir some other people say about them?
  6. J

I'm totally with you on the topping dacs i've had two which rank very highly on this site, one broke after 3 months, the other i sold and bought a schiit modi. Maybe it's all placebo but I like the sounds coming from my old MF dac and cheapo schiit dac better than what the topping was producing.
  7. J

I have 3 CCA's running as roon endpoints. Ocassionaly one of them will need a reset, but these things work like a charm! Can someone explain to me why i would need to spend more on a streamer? I run my CCA's optical out to dacs...and as roon endpoints.
  8. J

Schiit Tyr mono amplifier

I'm into it! It's clear these guys are passionate about hifi...may have to give these a day in court but - big shoes to fill as i'm coming from AHB2..
  9. J

Dynaudio Special 40 - WTF!

concerta2 m16, performa f208, performa 105. I did not dislike them, they sound awesome but i'm preferential to the way dyns sound.
  10. J

Measurements tell part of the story. Best thing to do is listen lol. After 3 pair of revel in my 2 channel room, I went back to dynaudio with the special 40's...ahhh - there's the sound I was missing so dearly. Super stoked on the special 40's.
  11. J

Revel F208 Tower Speaker Review

There is a lot of subjectivity that's ignored here because measurements are weighed heavily on this forum... You should try both if you can...keep the tannoy's until you try the revels. I bought F208's due to the hype on ASR, and ended up trading them for something that doesn't measure as well...
  12. J

High-res audio comparison: Linn Records Free High Res Samples

Because "it's all a racket" as my grandfather would say. He was the wisest man i've ever known lol
  13. J

I think these are what you're looking for, because the things you mentioned are what I've always loved about dyns and the sp 40's are exceptional at delivering the dynaudio signature sound. They're warm, yet the treble isn't tipped off. The mids and upper bass are thick but no - they're not...
  14. J

Cooking on Stove Top vs Barbeque Grill?

I do two zone on my grill, but usually in the opposite direction, unless the steak cuts are on the thin side...I heat everything to about 20 degrees below the desired temp on the low heat zone, then sear on the hot zone right before serving/resting. Works very well for skin on chicken because...
  15. J

Cooking on Stove Top vs Barbeque Grill?

Steaks, in my opinion are not as good when using sous vide. The texture is different and it's just not as enjoyable. I save sous vide for the braising cuts...and for lobster - Maine or Florida. At my place, we practice sous vide for short rib, pork shoulder (butt), pork belly, shanks, osso...
Top Bottom