Recent content by jackdanyal

1. J

Fosi Audio's First Dual-Mode Balanced Amplifier ZA3

the whole numbers are fine and good, but still, even with 80dB Sinad, the bottleneck is your speakers :) You will not hear ANY differences between 80db sinad and 100db sinad even with high-end speakers. also, we need to consider the ambient sound of the room while listening. so, why be mad about...
  2. J

Schiit Gjallarhorn objective review

tbh Cambridge Audio is a more versatile and valuable purchase. The only downside is the size of the device
  3. J

Schiit Gjallarhorn objective review

could you please list a couple of amps on nCore for the $400-$600 range?
  4. J

is it only me who has an issue with the ON/OFF functionality of the amp? I know that I need to hold it for 3-5 secs to turn on/off, but often the knob just ignores the action and I need to try 3-4 times every time. it may sound like a minor issue, but makes me nervous from time to time.
  5. J

Just got this little one from amazon.nl. With a 10% coupon from Amazon and a 15% coupon that I got from the Fosi website, it cost me just 110 euros with a 48v power supply. Decided to take a quick test and compare it with my Yamaha A-S301. I use Burson Play V5 as a preamp. The main reason for...
  6. J

SMSL D-6s Balanced DAC Review

then I don't understand who buys all those DAC/amps if every year topping/smsl produces 5-6 new models with very little difference in specs. they just stamping the same thing but in different enclosures. I would say if the design was great with every new product, but they are literally all the...
  7. J

SMSL D-6s Balanced DAC Review

with every new dac from topping, smsl, etc. I read and hear, that the new DAC/amp/etc. It should be the end game. but still, people buy every new device just because the new one has a little bit of different specs, considering that 99% of buyers and even reviewers don't hear any differences...
  8. J

TOPPING MX3s

hey, nice idea. just wondering which splitter you use. did you notice any audio quality degradation with the splitter?
  9. J

Wharfedale EVO 4.1 Review (Speaker)

Just curious how someone could judge a speaker because of these kinds of measurements. We need to consider the room size, position, ability to hear, likings, microphone, etc. so many factors.
  10. J

Thoughts on the Heco Aurora 300?

and actually couldn't find anything related to the cabinet resonances in the review
  11. J

Thoughts on the Heco Aurora 300?

smth wrong with his review. I own a pair of Aurora 300 for nearfield listening on my desktop. Never noticed any cabinet resonances or weir issues. they are built like a tank. the quality is on par with Wharfedale Evo 4.1
  12. J

Stereo amps lacking HPF for mains in 2.1 setup… a big deal, or not?

HPF is not a silver bullet. Sometimes it's better not to use HPF at all while listening to music. Movies are a completely different story. Here is the short text about HPF from one of the best subs brand...
  13. J

FiiO BTR7 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

everybody talks about PEQ (why even by audiophile device if you need PEQ?), but nobody talks about sound and comparisons. Just curious why somebody will buy a device with a dedicated DAC chip and bother with EQ that adds software interference to the sound and return the sound quality back to a...
  14. J

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Fostex T60 Philips Fidelio L2 Fiio FH5s Fiio FH1s using along with Burson Play (as amp and DAC) + Aune X7s
Top Bottom