Recent content by JaccoW

1. JaccoW

How much does your main stereo system cost?

Depending on your keyboard layout in software, US International ANSI is what I use, Right-Alt + 5 gives me the € sign.
  2. JaccoW

Speakers: €400 (on sale from €500) Stands: €200 DAC: €270 Reel-to-reel: €0 Repairs: €425 CD-player: €50 second-hand Turntable: €200 Cartdridge: €250 Feet: €130 So that's a total of ... €1925.
  3. JaccoW

I could swear I have answered this question before. There are probably more around here. And the thread I anwered that in is posted not far down on the first page: How much money do you have invested in this "hobby?"
  4. JaccoW

Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary speaker review & measurements by Erin's Audio Corner

45Hz - 20kHz instead of the 40Hz -20kHz of the Linton. So not as low but generally people seem pleased with them.
  5. JaccoW

How to improve your CD sound quality and go blind all in one easy step!

I'm mostly just jealous he managed to find the discs in the SACD version for 8 GBP each. Those are expensive most of the time.
  6. JaccoW

Great cover versions

Wikipedia and the original:
  7. JaccoW

Do CD players sound different to each other?

You can do it with quite a few cheaper Sony blu-ray players. Insert USB with the script and run it over your home network. I picked up a cheap unit for €35 or so to do just that. For most second-hand CDs you're still paying in the €1-2 range. Maybe €5 for the rarer stuff. New CDs can be had for...
  8. JaccoW

Do CD players sound different to each other?

Say what you will about Darko Audio but last week he polled his viewers and patreons: Global Feedback: Do you still listen to CDs? Youtube: 13,000 respondents 49% Yes 51% No Patreon: 282 respondents 59% Yes 41% No I still enjoy listening to CDs, especially since they offer great sound...
  9. JaccoW

There is something very, very wrong with today’s music

While Gran Torino was a great movie, please take a seat instead of talking to it. The poor guy (Eastwood) is clearly senile. I think a good mixture of modern music and some old classics is a great way to enjoy music. Nothing wrong with cherry picking the very best songs from the past couple of...
  10. JaccoW

Why are people in their 30s giving up on music?

While it could be argued that music has gotten louder, sadder and simpler over the past couple of decades, there is one big caveat to that claim. Research has only focussed on popular music. And with such a wide amount of different ways to listen to music it has become harder and harder to...
  11. JaccoW

Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary speaker review & measurements by Erin's Audio Corner

I like how virtually 90% of the comments is from people who actually own them and disagree with him. Many of them even saying they wouldn't want his modifications because it would change what they like about the speakers.
  12. JaccoW

Beautiful DACs

I prefer the E50 for its better slightly better performance, bigger box and display. By u/hurtyewh Not that much of an opinion of other DACs but I do have a couple of integrated amplifiers I really like. The Technics su-g700 being one of them.
  13. JaccoW

Argon SA1 Amplifier Review

I own their Forte A5 active speakers and enjoy them, especially for their price of €400 when on sale. :) And their new TT4 turntable looks quite interesting as well.
  14. JaccoW

Best (affordable) way to decouple my speaker stands?

Just got some reminders from this post. Maybe I should continue where I left off last time and start measuring again. :D
Top Bottom