Recent content by ihavenoidea

1. I

What is the point of buying expensive headphones if you can just use an equalizer to get the same frequency response on cheap ones?

Thanks everyone for the replies Starting to feel like I've wasted my money having gotten the HD 600's 2 years ago. Would I have gotten the same sound quality for as little as $40?
  2. I

What is the point of buying expensive headphones if you can just use an equalizer to get the same frequency response on cheap ones?

And mitigate any distortion issues using an amplifier, maybe. Not sure if that's how it works I'm sure this has been discussed extensively before, but I couldn't find any related topics from my searching If there is such a thread, please point me in the right direction Thanks
  3. I

Spotify Premium worth it for the audio quality?

Hey, I've been debating if I should get Spotify Premium for the sound quality increase from 160kbps to 320kbps Ogg Vorbis on desktop. Please note that the only deciding factor for me is the sound quality in whether or not I'll get premium I've done some ABX testing(on my hd 600s) with some...
  4. I

Friend cranked up the volume on HD 600s with Atom amp on high gain

You hit the nail on the head lmao. I'm slowly getting over it I think. Hate my obsessiveness man
  5. I

That's pretty much what I did. Haha alright I'm not gonna test with higher volume.
  6. I

Thanks for the input. I generated a 16Hz sound here, and I didn't hear anything. Though I didn't really turn up the volume too much. Should I?
  7. I

Yeah, I don't hear anything strange, so you're probably right. I still wanted to know if there's any chance it "degraded" the sound or something in any way. I was hoping someone would chime in with the numbers. Thanks!
  8. I

Hello everyone, I have a question that's been slightly bothering me for no other reason than my obsessiveness. I had a friend over the other day and I was showing him my new headphones and amp, Sennheiser hd 600s and a JDS Labs Atom. We were playing a song on Spotify and I was telling him about...
  9. I

Can a Fiio D3(Taishan) drive HD 600s via a JDS Labs Atom?

Is it being loud enough the only concern? What about "dynamic range"?
  10. I

Would the output be enough on low gain? I heard it works best on low gain, so.
  11. I

6.3Vrms? Is that the output of the Atom? Does the voltage output of the DAC not matter?
  12. I

According to here, the maximum output Vrms of the D3 is 1.39: "Max voltage output at 0 dBFS, VRMS 1,39 Max voltage output at 0 dBFS, dBV 2,87 Max voltage output at 0 dBFS, dBu 5,09" Do you think this is enough? I read somewhere that the output voltage might affect the dynamic range or...
  13. I

Thanks for the reply. I am not using anything currently, as I have not received any of the equipment yet. My choices are either using it through the D3 or with my motherboard, z170a msi gaming m5. What I wanted to ask was if the D3 would "hold back" the hd 600s and the Atom, being the "weakest...
  14. I

So, I know the JDS Labs Atom is great, but would driving them through the cheap Fiio D3 degrade the sound I get on the HD 600s?
Top Bottom