1. hwlr

Influence of bad soldering jobs

Thanks I will have a look!
  2. hwlr

Wow I fail in half of these :D interesting document
  3. hwlr

Hello everyone! I just soldered a new connector to my headphones' cable and was wondering: is the quality of my... let's say perfectible :D solders influencing the sound? I can't hear a difference, but the answer may be interesting from a technical point of view. Thanks!
  4. hwlr

Pertinence of very good electronics at very low listening levels

50 mV is already louder than I listen haha, but I agree it is a good indication of the behavior of electronics at low volume. I actually was going to buy a Topping E30/L30 stack based on this when I realized that (1) it is possible that the L30's lower output level might actually be too high for...
  5. hwlr

Thanks, can a lower noise floor have an effect if I already don't hear any noise when playing music with my DAP?
  6. hwlr

Hello, I've realized that at very low listening level (let's say 50 dB, it's under 50 dBA in my case), distorsion will actually be in negative dB and thus absolutely inaudible for a lot of electronics, not just very good products. Even accounting for "big" peaks at 70 dB this is still the case...
  7. hwlr

Behaviour of amplifiers, power & transparency

Thank you for all your answers! :D
  8. hwlr

I think you are correct then, if my understanding of how an amplifier works is correct.
  9. hwlr

What do you mean by "slightly before the amplifier"?
  10. hwlr

SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK II DAC Review

Ok thank you! I think I will go with the E30 then :)
  11. hwlr

SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK II DAC Review

Hi, I've seen this on this product's audiophonics page : There is no equivalent mention on SMSL website, or I haven't find it. From what I understand, instead of digitally reducing the volume like windows would do for example, it reduces the voltage corresponding to any digital signal value...
  12. hwlr

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

Thank you for the advice! ;) I am not worried about this, I'm just (not so patiently) waiting for Audiophonics.fr to have it back in stock
  13. hwlr

Thank you! Actually I haven't bought it yet, that's why I'm asking. But you're true, each potmeter is different so it's not predictable at what level imbalance will start. :)
  14. hwlr

Hello, how far do you have to turn the volume knob down in low gain to reach 50 mV or so output? I am listening at very low levels and want to know whether it is far from the imbalance range or not... thank you! :)
Top Bottom