Recent content by HonorableExpense

1. HonorableExpense

Raspberry Pi Room Correction 2023

I tried Moode and wasn't impressed. I seemed to keep running into weird glitches. I don't have a huge library but the UI was also very slow. The Logitech Media Server/piCorePlayer combo seems to work much better. With the material ui, it looks way better. Too bad it seems like getting camilla...
  2. HonorableExpense

I can't remember what I found objectionable :) I did try the airplay, on multiple distros, but gave up on it and bought a Belkin SoundForm Connect which seems to work fine more of the time.
  3. HonorableExpense

Cool, I wasn't impressed with Moode when I tried it, but that was years ago. I'll have to give it another shot. My CXA80 does have a USB in, but I found using it annoying since the Pi would "lose" it when it was powered off. No such problems with optical out.
  4. HonorableExpense

Hi all! I’m thinking about adding room correction to my setup and am wondering what’s the best way to go about it? My searches have led me to a number of things that seem like they might be out of date so I figured I would just ask. I currently have a NAS and a Logitech Music Server...
  5. HonorableExpense

Am I Cursed?

Topping support did finally reply and they suggested I plug the DAC directly into my computer. There are no USB A ports on my computer but I see that USB C - USB B cables are a thing. Thanks for the info here I will save my $10 and wait for Sonoma to release.
  6. HonorableExpense

Am I Cursed?

I thought it was odd that I don't seem to experience this issue on my Mac Studio so I upped the ram pressure and played some DSD128 and what do you know, problems there too.
  7. HonorableExpense

Am I Cursed?

Any suggestions? Burn some AWS SageMaker?
  8. HonorableExpense

Am I Cursed?

Awesome, I guess I'll cross my fingers and wait until the fall!
  9. HonorableExpense

Am I Cursed?

That's an interesting thread. I'm digging into it now. For a few more data points, yes, I am on a M1 Pro MacBook Pro, but I don't experience any issues with the built in DAC or with the built in DAC on my thunderbolt dock. (I don't use the built in DAC because I really want to just unplug one...
  10. HonorableExpense

Am I Cursed?

The primary function of these things is to play audio from the computer. I find it hard to believe that everyone has problems with these products (though I was kind of wondering, hence the post). Given that my apple usb dongle is failing at not making audio I don't know that buffer problems are...
  11. HonorableExpense

Am I Cursed?

That does cost just a teensy bit more than the ones that I've purchased. Maybe that's the take home lesson here? Just buy something nice the first time?
  12. HonorableExpense

Am I Cursed?

I have bought way too many DACs for use with my Macs. I think the first one I bought was an Audio Engine D1. It worked fine, mostly. It would drop out when operating at anything higher than CD bit rates. It was demoted to be a dedicated CD DAC in my stereo. Then I bought a Topping D10 which made...
  13. HonorableExpense

Review and Measurements of Topping D10 DAC

I've been having the sleep issue since I started sleeping my computer recently. I've found that the links in this thread don't seem to work any more and I can't find any firmware utilities on Topping's website. I emailed support about the issue and they just told me to update my iOS despite the...
  14. HonorableExpense

Topping d30 paired with Magni 3?

I am debating between the Magni 3, the A30, and an O2 so am eagerly looking forward to some reviews :)
Top Bottom