Recent content by g927

1. G

separating amplifiers for a TV/STEREO speaker hook-up

must be magic and the great help from you all..all of a sudden the system "bloomed" and the sound came on.. think the problem is the DVD player, it goes on/off, time for a new one. really appreciate all your help and expertise!
  2. G

will try..thks sadly no...for a test , i tried setting TV speakers to "optic & internal" and played the TV..no sound thru the stereo..so, i am assuming the problem may be the TV optical outlet or the stereo,but it does seem odd, as both work well independently
  3. G

i have multiple CARVER components and would rather keep my system pure..thks
  4. G

could it be that the TV does not have the power to drive the speakers ? ( 200W/channel)
  5. G

yes..converter is connected with "power light" on. yes..caps are removed and inserted into the proper receptacles
  6. G

back again(returned the NILES box)...got a "TECHOLE" hs203 converter ,plus an OPTICAL cable..hooked up to the TV and the CARVER pre-amp AUX jacks..changed the TV to OPTICAL ..no sound?? suggestions?? thks
  7. G

only the DVD player and COMCAST CABLE. my STEREO amp is CARVER 500T and the speakers KEF (200w per channel) reference.
  8. G

i have a new LG flatscreen with HDMI,etc jacks. i hooked up a DVD player for which i want use my stereo speakers, utilizing a NILES DPS-1 box (for amplifier separation). need suggestions for wiring,etc. thks
Top Bottom