Recent content by Front Row

1. F

Brian Eno 3 speaker setup, Hafler circuit, etc.

There is an earlier post about protecting equipment. I would also do a search on the topic. You might want to experiment with a cheap amp.
  2. F

What to do with extra Andante?

It's rather large so storing it in the massive box would raise some issues from the Mrs. I could store it in the black shroud that was part of the packaging. The hafler circuit idea mentioned earlier does have its advantages.
  3. F

After the delivery, I sent two thank you emails and no one responded. I thought once I was satisfied with the replacement Elac would initiate some retrieval for the defective speaker. I surmised that because the Adante line has been discontinued, Elac does not want the speaker back. It's...
  4. F

I was thinking about a hafler circuit with the speaker.
  5. F

Recently, Elac made good on sending out a new Adante speaker thus fullfilling their warranty. The minor problem I have is that the defective Elac Adante AF61 was not picked up nor a request for return. The speaker has a seal problem, thus the bass is weak. What do I do with the defective...
  6. F

Doubts

Cambridge CX 80
  7. F

Doubts

That day finally came as a delivery man brought a big box that said Elac. The Adante speaker appears to work well after a quick inspection. I will know more when I have more time but all seems well.
  8. F

Doubts

To update the Elac Speaker issue: Either Elac was going to send a repair person to fix the speaker or send a new speaker that was "tested" to make sure it works. After waiting about two months, an Elac representative said a new speaker would be sent soon.
  9. F

Doubts

Recently, Elac is trying to solve the problem. It appears they might replace the defective speaker.
  10. F

Doubts

I saw that thread when Elac first suggested I fix the problem. I really don't have the tools or experience to do all that is required. If the speakers were 2K dollars cheaper I might have given it the "old college try." But it was bit too pricey to experiment. I have learned that it is...
  11. F

Doubts

I agree wholeheartedly. It seems there was no plan by Elac if one of their heavy and expensive speakers went awry.
  12. F

Doubts

An Elac representative has reached out to me and is trying to arrange for someone to remedy the problem. I will post any updates.
  13. F

Doubts

Here is a portion of the first email I was sent by Elac: Usually we would recommend having your unit sent to our service center to have them inspect and fix the problem, however with the Adante Floorstanders they are usually epensive and have complications with shipping due to the weight and...
  14. F

Doubts

The bass is minimal on the defective AF 61. It appears the seal on the sound chamber is compromised. The other speaker is fine and resonates bass nicely. When I press the diaphram on the defective speaker, air blows through the tweeter while the other does not have this issue.
  15. F

Doubts

Stay away from Elac. I am dealing with a defective speaker under warranty and Elac's customer service just sent an email suggesting I repair it.
Top Bottom