Recent content by fitero

1. fitero

GGNTKT M2 yes M2

Variant A, or the left, Variant C.
  2. fitero

Mars awaits!

Along with Tang in 1971 they sold weird, dense, square breakfast bars that I loved. They were also sold as Astronaut food. I'd spend good money to eat those again.
  3. fitero

JBL 4429 vs 4349

I was in the same boat a few months ago. I bought the 4349, though irrationally, I dislike that they are not made in the USA. The fit and finish are perfect though. A German outfit did make some measurements of the 4429. A search should reveal that information. I personally don't care for...
  4. fitero

JBL 1400 Array

I'd love to read your thoughts regarding the difference between the two...
  5. fitero

JBL 4349 Stands

While waiting for my new 4349s to show up, I began thinking about which stands to purchase for them. I bought a pair of the JBL JS-120 stands recently for a pair of L112s that I had, and they worked very nicely. However, with my mid-field listening position the sound-field was lower than I...
  6. fitero

Movies Worth Owning

I own 6 movies, and of those, 4 are music based. 1. Farinelli 2. Schlafes Bruder 3. Amadeus 4. The Pianist
  7. fitero

What is your favourite chocolate, chocolate bars, fudge or similar?

With some walnut pieces of course....
  8. fitero

How to fight room modes with 2 subs?

Some might find this document pertinent.
  9. fitero

I have a feeling I will be listening to a lot more vinyl

Sharing one's passion with an interested child is priceless. Congratulations!
  10. fitero

Wanted: Schiit Freya S

I just bought one. Thanks for looking.
  11. fitero

Help picking dac/pre amp

I agree with BDWoody's suggestion. It will allow several configurations, and give you the opportunity to experiment with DSD and MQA for example. I am using an Orchard Audio PecanPi as a Roon endpoint and Preamp (line-amp) for the moment as I am in between preamps and it works perfectly and...
  12. fitero

Wanted: Schiit Freya S

I would prefer one in black, but the silver one will do too. Please PM with your offer. Thank you.
  13. fitero

What did we regret in our audio life.

I bought a Kenwood KD-600 turntable (new), and fitted it with an SME Series III tonearm, then promptly broke it by plugging it into 220V when it was set for 110V. That cost a few bucks to fix. Oh, we aren't done here yet. Not long after when I was bored with it, I traded it for a Nakamichi...
  14. fitero

Logitech Transporter replacement

I've researched my options to the point where I've become immobile with indecision. My ability and knowledge regarding digital audio are quite limited. I'm moving to a small village with limited internet and now see myself using a cellphone to stream tidal through bluetooth to my system. I...
Top Bottom