Recent content by DudleyDuoflush

1. D

Rogers LS3/5a (BBC) Speaker Review

My dad worked in the BBC studios in the 80s. They were giving some speakers away and he had the choice between a pair of these and the Studio 1A. The Studio 1A were far, far better for music so he chose those.
  2. D

Tesla video about their audio engineering

I have a Model 3 with the premium sound system. It's remarkably good considering you're sitting in a glass box but nothing like listening to a real HiFi system. Exceptionally clear with good bass but no real sense of space or sound sound stage. You need to pay £10 per month to get premium...
  3. D

What will ‘HiFi’ look like in 2050

I’m hoping that audio health will continue to advance and we’ll all be able to enjoy the entire frequency range long into our old age. Might stop some of us older listeners trying to bend the equipment to our deficiencies.
  4. D

Lenire Tinnitus Treatment

Thanks for posting this Amir - I hadn't heard of this treatment so will look it up in the UK. My Tinnitus is an always present tone of around 13kHz that varies in perceived loundness. It's pretty much destroyed my high frequency hearing so any chance of at least mitigating the noise is welcome...
  5. D

GR Research B24 AC Cable Review Follow up [Entertainment]

Apologies if this has been said by others but if this cable doesn't have a safety certification you shouldn't buy it. Doesn't matter how it performs or what it does. I can think of 3 possibilities why it isn't certified 1. He can't be bothered to get it tested. 2. He doesn't get it tested...
  6. D

Zero-emission vehicles, their batteries & subsidies/rebates for them.- No politics regarding the subsidies!

Range anxiety for me has now disappeared. It does for everyone I've talked to who owns an EV. If you do need to charge when travelling the charging time is a drag. Needs to be twice as fast to not really notice. I've done 60k miles and haven't noticed any battery degradation but that might be a...
  7. D

Will consumer audio take over the hifi scene?

I'm not so sure that chasm exists now which, I think, is the point the OP was making. A pair of second hand Sonos Play 5 can be picked up for less than £700. They sound great and you'd be hard pushed to get significantly better sound for the cost. When I got my first hifi system there was a...
  8. D

Zero-emission vehicles, their batteries & subsidies/rebates for them.- No politics regarding the subsidies!

The company car tax situation in the UK is a bit bonkers. If I'd kept my diesel BMW the tax would've been more than the lease!
  9. D

It's not a loophole, it's an incentive and has put 1000s of EVs on the road.
  10. D

As you say most of the people bemoaning the practicalities of an EV don't own one. I've had mine 2 years now and have covered 58k miles all over the UK and a few trips to Spain. The vast majority of my charging has been done at home and I've never really had an issue charging on long trips...
  11. D

WiiM Pro Streamer

My WXC-50 really played up on wifi until I separated the 2.4 and 5 ghz channels in my router. The WXC-50 only has 2.4 ghz and couldn't see my phone if it connected to 5 ghz. Since separating the channels it has worked flawlessly. Guess the WXC-50 is starting to show it's age.
  12. D

True, there are quite a few marinas along the canal. I love the sound and smell of those engines (especially the 2 strokes) although not so much in the tunnels!
  13. D

Times change, things move on. The town where I live used to be a coaching town. The majority of the arches and gaps through to the stables till exist. You certainly don't see any stage coaches but lots of people still own or ride horses for pleasure. The Grand Union canal is also nearby but...
  14. D

That's true of everything ever made but doesn't answer the question.
  15. D

Sorry if this has bee mentioned before - I haven't read the entire thread. What's to stop car batteries being re-purposed as home batteries once their efficiency decreases? Efficiency to weight ratio is obviously very important for mobile batteries but not so much for static ones.
Top Bottom