Design and now validation electrical engineer, focused on high-speed (GHz+) analog and mixed-signal circuits. Did a fair amount of audio design in my youth, including tube and SS preamps and power amps, and a servo-controlled subwoofer back when they were new and few.
I was principal trumpet of the Pikes Peak Philharmonic orchestra, have played in a few jazz and big bands around the area, led the trumpets for the Tri-Lakes Music Association for many years, done a few "pro" gigs, and sometimes play at church. My wife plays piano and organ for our church and helps cover up my mistakes when I play solo.
Media Room System:
- Oppo UDP-203
- LG OLED65C7P
- SONOS Connect to my NAS (12 TB Synology RAID)
- JBL SDP-75 (Trinnov Altitude-32, JBL style, 24 channel version)
- Emotiva XPA-2, XPA-5 amplifiers (Gen 1); Buckeye Amps 4xNC252 for heights
- Revel Salon2 x6 (L/R, surrounds/rears); Voice2 center; Revel M80XC x4 heights
- Rythmik F12 subwoofers (four of them)
- Room is isolated and heavily treated ("dead") to help control modes and reflections (it was to be bigger and thus need less, but we added a basement bedroom that sucked about 1/3 of the volume away)
There are several other systems around the house and a couple more in storage. I have an Emotiva XMC-1 recently pulled from the system, Denon, Pioneer, Sony, and Yamaha AVRs of various vintages along with some old ARC and Eico tube gear, an old Hafler amp, a Counterpoint amp, Pioneer RT-707 reel tape deck, etc. I'm afraid to turn them on.
Kef, Infinity. Mirage speakers plus a handful of various SONOS players. Previous Magnepan MG-IIIa's, CC-3, and MC-1's stored for now.