Recent content by DivineCurrent

1. DivineCurrent

Sennheiser HD660S Review (Headphone)

The 58X for me, has a clearly better and more extended bass response. I compared the two (660S and 58X) a while back, the 660S bass was too rolled off and honestly a bit slow sounding. Even the HD 600 and 650 have it beat in the bass. The 58X bass is much tighter and responds better to EQ. I...
  2. DivineCurrent

Headphone Dynamics

I also want to know what the reason is behind "dynamics". Andrew Park over at The Headphone Show also calls this phenomenon "macro-contrast". When I compare the Focal Clear MG and the Hifiman HE-500, Sennheiser HD600, or basically any other headphone I have, the Clear MG always comes out on top...
  3. DivineCurrent

Your favorite IEMs?

Without EQ, Moodrop Kato or IE800S. Been a while with the IE800S, but that's my favorite tuning of what I've heard. With EQ, different story. JVC HA-FDX1 and Dunu Zen Pro have minor tuning issues but incredible technical performance, and are both my top favorites. The FDX1 has better timbre...
  4. DivineCurrent

Finding IEM EQ target that resemble the Sennheiser HD600 tonality .

I'm just going off what I'm hearing, especially comparing to relatively neutral headphones (HD600, HD650, Focal Clear, HE-500, etc.) With every one of these headphones, I hear much less from 3-5kHz than I do most IEMs. That's why I said the IE800S sounds the most natural to me in that area...
  5. DivineCurrent

JDS Labs Element III Review (DAC & Amp)

It's a plugin called Bauer stereophonic-to-binaural DSP (bs2b). According to RME in the manual, they also use this same Bauer crossfeed in the ADI-2, and I believe the default option is crossfeed level 4 on the RME. I use the plugin with Foobar2000. Of course, the advantage you get with the...
  6. DivineCurrent

Etymotic ER2 vs balanced armature

Speaking of audibility of the BA driver distortion, I did an experiment with the Klipsch X10 a while back when I still had it, which is also a single BA driver (and actually has a bit less distortion than the ER4 series according to Innerfidelity graphs). The high third harmonic distortion is...
  7. DivineCurrent

Looks like Drop might be 'dropping' a HD800

The 8XX definitely requires EQ for my preferences. 1-2kHz is certainly way too recessed. I compared them to the Focal Clear MG and HD650 for a Head-Fi loaner program, it really does sound almost exactly how it measures. I needed an 8 dB boost there for it to sound normal. That being said, the...
  8. DivineCurrent

Yup, that new firmware seems to have fixed it, thanks!
  9. DivineCurrent

JDS Labs truly has the best customer service. I had a power button issue with the Element III I ordered, John immediately responded to my email and sent me a new working one. I'm actually downgrading from the RME ADI-2 DAC, for a few reasons: the volume control on the RME often jumps up/down...
  10. DivineCurrent

Finding IEM EQ target that resemble the Sennheiser HD600 tonality .

This is similar to my findings when I was just swapping open back headphones with IEMs. I notice it when comparing to the HD58X, HD650, Focal Clear, HE-500, and the Sundara. Most every IEM I have tried had noticeably more presence in the 2-5kHz region, to the point where I was questioning every...
  11. DivineCurrent

Hifi Forum TDA-1541A DAC Review

My old man got a Nakamichi stereo system with the Nakamichi CDP-2A, which used this exact same TDP-1541A DAC. Sounded pretty damn good to me when I listened to it with high end speakers and headphones, especially for something made in the 80s. Not that I believe in DAC sound differences, but it...
  12. DivineCurrent

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Aune just released the new BU2 DAC + headphone amp. Their measurements already look fantastic, but I'm still curious about the other parameters. http://en.auneaudio.com/index.php?s=Home/Article/detail/id/514.html
  13. DivineCurrent

New measurements for Beyerdynamic 700 and 900 Pro X

I tried out the 900 Pro X a few weeks ago, sounded great but I couldn't get over the fit. Definitely the most well tuned Beyer I have heard, over the 880, T1, and TYGR 300R. Very punchy and fast sounding, plus without a massive treble peak. But for my large head and ears, the headband and pads...
  14. DivineCurrent

All Aboard the FiiO K9 Pro Hype Train

I believe the price has been changed to $769, I don't see any discount options on the Aliexpress page: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003219091314.html
  15. DivineCurrent

MASSDROP Sennheiser HD58X JUBILEE Review (Headphone)

I always thought the 58X was noticeably tighter in the bass and more extended. I love the 650, but to me the 58X just sounds more solid and more dynamic, even though it’s a lower price.
Top Bottom