Recent content by datrumole

1. D

Definitive Technology (Def Tech) BP7006/BP7004/BP7002 - BP8954MOD

yeah, this thread/mod isn't a drop in replacement for what is there, it simply fills the gap cheaply to get the speakers in a usable state if you were using the speaker level inputs, this was never meant to fix that input mechanism as it obviously doesnt address that ability if you were using...
  2. D

Is there any multichannel DAC easy to DIY in 2023?

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/14003 you could potentially take queues from this board? this looks bonkers cool that you are attempting this from scratch, i feel like the multi-channel/home theater market is in dire need of what you are building
  3. D

Definitive Technology (Def Tech) BP7006/BP7004/BP7002 - BP8954MOD

yeah, just went back and reviewed all the details @Stu Pidasso provided so if this is accurate, then doing LFE is the worst possible way to use these speakers with their stock board it seems? the 'woofer' on spkr level input have a LPF at 180hz to blend better with the upper array, however LFE...
  4. D

Tarkus Build Thread

nah, but i've watched a few movies with them, but cant really give them a fair shake with downmixing but if i had the space to do 3 LCR with tarkus, i wouldnt hesitate
  5. D

Buy new DSP for multi subwoofer system

unless i'm misreading, the 4x4 mini is balanced, i'd make sure your gear is going to be able to work with it properly you may be able to mod it with a sparkfun THAT 1646 which will do unbal to bal conversions
  6. D

Cheapo HDMI Audio Extractor - some measurements

thank you for this! i've been looking to do a little project behind my bedroom tv, with no real space for an AVR. basically run a chromecast into something like this, get LCR out of it, and into some 3116d2's, then into a dayton audio B41 'sound bar' so i dont have to deal with the 5.1 downmix...
  7. D

Amazon Basics 4K HDMI Extractor Review

I'm with ya, ideally I'd do HDMI to analog
  8. D

Amazon Basics 4K HDMI Extractor Review

i HATE having downmixing in the bedroom for 2ch watching tv. so i was thinking about the dayton audio BS41, which is a 3ch passive speaker array in a 'sound bar' format and replace my 2ch speaker array on my kuro i want to be able to take my chromecast, send it into an HDMI extractor (possibly...
  9. D

Help with Star Grounding

ok, any suggestions on how to improve or eliminate these issues you brought up
  10. D

Help with Star Grounding

here is the latest proposed 1) adding a 10R resistor on the RCA bridge (pink) 2) adding in the elliott breaker circuit (light blue) 3) someone is proposing running a short on the GND on the protection board (purple)? seems unnecessary? in some other updates, moved to just a single module off...
  11. D

Help with Star Grounding

I'm sure it would, but going out and buying a new $200+ dac for balanced output, looking for group buys or attempting to get some guys board printed and assembled, and incorporating it into my existing chassis, isnt the only path to reducing hum and noise to a manageable level if we could get...
  12. D

Help with Star Grounding

yeah, I'm not sure how adding another component helps with my current predicament, plus this is a single ended amplifier, my knowledge doesn't extend to taking this guy's balanced/differential preamp and tweaking it for SE operation my next order of business is going to go down to a single...
  13. D

Help with Star Grounding

apologies, eventually my meter went down to 0.0. so either there isn't a 10ohm resistor in the chain, or its too low for my measly dmm to measure, i've edited the original post to reflect this
  14. D

Help with Star Grounding

perhaps not, my pic above is direct from their ASP (A) lineup integrators guide. plus when you have the SMPS integrated like in some of those (not sure if that module does or not) they have taken care of all that nonsense for you. also a lot of those modules use balanced inputs which is a MUCH...
  15. D

Help with Star Grounding

good news, i took the first suggestion on shorting the two RCA shields, and we have a massive improvement! going to go test with the e30 where i had the most amount of hiss/hum shortly with the RCAs shorted, i went back and did a test connecting earth/gnd from mains to SMPS. it gets worse when...
Top Bottom