Recent content by datrumole

1. D

Okto Dac8 Pro alternative?

we got a guestimated price point?
  2. D

Okto Dac8 Pro alternative?

https://www.esi-audio.com/products/gigaportex/ https://www.essenceelectrostatic.com/product/evolve-ii-4k-hdmi-v2-0b-multi-channel-dac/ these are the only other two outside of the Aurora DSP which i'm not sure ever left the ground that i've found i have a miniDSP UDAC8 but it didnt exactly get...
  3. D

Looking to make RCA interconnects - Single or dual signal cable? Also wanting to make a phono cable too!

yeah, their jackets are connected, they are also quite a bit smaller compared to the other two mentioned (can61s/mog2964) bonus to all of the ones mentioned in this thread (i've been to redco and have seen/touch/felt all these mentioned), suuuuper flexible jackets. the mediabridge rca's i have...
  4. D

Best speaker options for Music. Bookshelf+sub or Floorstanders?

i'll throw in my 2c growing up, obviously plenty of coffin style speakers from what my father owned everything then switched to satellites with subs and for some reason music just never sounded the same on those systems fastfwd 25y, and i built a pair of tarkus speakers, yes, yes, and more...
  5. D

Looking to make RCA interconnects - Single or dual signal cable? Also wanting to make a phono cable too!

back to the cable discussion, dont sleep on the Mogami W2528, great spec's as well
  6. D

Tarkus Build Thread

update: i'm an idiot, spent the last two days pulling my hair out with this tweeter dip, no matter of EQ could get rid of it then it dawned on me, the dac has some filters...grrr, sure enough, i was on 'slow roll off', went to sharp and voila...back to normal some updated plots. still a drop...
  7. D

Tarkus Build Thread

hey all, finally got around to doing some measurements run off my denon in direct mode, so no EQ look pretty consistent. both were measured in the same location in the room at 1m (var smoothing) here is them in the normal locations at MLP, again no EQ, using MMM at about ~4m (13.5ft) (var...
  8. D

need to rent a room calibration expert

i didnt know this existed, so do you record in rew and forgo measurement?
  9. D

need to rent a room calibration expert

is this even a thing? i know you could get back in the day people to come over and calibrate your tv, but is there such a service of someone who really knows rew, rephase, eapo that i can meet with (zoom, teams, whatever) that can help calibrate a room? there are a ton of resources, i've read...
  10. D

Welcome to the New Review Index!

more responsive for sure, but significantly more limited in functionality UX the 'contains' operand on the searches is red, makes it look like you can click and change the operand to other ones like 'starts with' 'not includes' etc... as others have commented, the layout of how to...
  11. D

Definitive Technology (Def Tech) BP7006/BP7004/BP7002 - BP8954MOD

correct, just run the LFE from your receiver off a Y cable. feed that into an external amp and run the subs on the LFE. trying to get the sub driver to integrate with the upper array would be a nightmare with passive components as you'd likely need to modify the existing crossover as well
  12. D

in some cases thats not feasible, i just followed the line that lead to the pad, some times that originated at a throughole mount, in other cases, it did not, got lucky for the few pads i f'd up had that so i was able to use it
  13. D

sorry, I didn't see the second pic def a confusing board it does list mono, it does have a single output but on the underside of the board, one of the pics does show inputL gnd inputR so perhaps it's a board the reuse for mono and stereo versions, I can't say try only powering R and L...
  14. D

you may want to cancel that order, looks a little trickier than just running the outputs opposite one another the original post had the mono modules which have this all done already for you you CAN keep these stereo modules and just use one output as well
  15. D

hmm, it may appear you purchased the 2ch version, not a mono version, so it's expecting a R and L input you can ????likely???? put the same input to both the L and R input wire, and then bi-amp the module + on L or - on R on the output side, but i'd need to look up which is which
Top Bottom