Recent content by danielmiessler

1. danielmiessler

Optimizing a Genelec / NAD / DIRAC / JTR Setup

It has to be, I think, since there's only one output going to it on each side. I haven't even touched the RS1 in terms of calibration or settings, so this is something I need to dig into. Thank you. Would I do this on the RS1 itself, and then in DIRAC, in terms of the crossover stuff?
  2. danielmiessler

LOL, thank you. I'm afraid the space can only handle one RS1. These things are godlike.
  3. danielmiessler

Interesting! My main use-case is indeed music, but I would like to get more independent value from the three subs. I'm so happy with the NAD from an experience standpoint, though, that I'm hesitant to move away from it. This is something to think about. Thank you! What about the GLM...
  4. danielmiessler

Yes, I think that might be the next move.
  5. danielmiessler

Writing to celebrate a near-endgame setup (at least for me), and to ask for help with optimization. Setup: 3 x Genelec 8351B Left, Center, Right 2 x Genelec W371A Lef and Right Woofer Towers 2 x Genelec 7360A Left and Right Subs (10") 1 x JTR RS1 Center Sub (18") 2 x Genelec 8341A Surrounds 2...
  6. danielmiessler

[FS] Abyss 1266 TC (2021 Edition)

No, but the Diana Phi’s are. $2,500.
  7. danielmiessler

Dead Bass Spot in Middle of Square Room

Hey all, I have a pair of Genelec 8361As and a 15" Genelec Smart Sub in my Studio/Office. My room is like 12 x 12, and mostly square (minus a door and a closet). I've been trying to get more bass from various speakers, including these Genelecs in my listening position, but nothing is...
  8. danielmiessler

What Receiver for an All-Digital Genelec Hi-Fi System?

Hello, yes, I do have a center channel. And also some surrounds. I was actually having some major trouble with hissing with this Marantz, and while I was researching this receiver issue I discovered the concept of using pre-outs. I just changed my two front speakers to go into a sub (one on...
  9. danielmiessler

What Receiver for an All-Digital Genelec Hi-Fi System?

Hey all, I was talking about Genelec active monitors several months back and finally built out my system. I have 2 woofer towers, two 8351Bs, and two active subs—all calibrated to work together using GLM. My current receiver is the Marantz SR6014 9.2 channel which I guess is ok, but I just...
  10. danielmiessler

[FS] Focal Stellia Headphones

I am selling my Focal Stellia headphones. Bought them for $4,000, selling them for $2,000. Half. Reason: I've not listened to any of my high-end headphones in months (I think I prefer speakers).
  11. danielmiessler

[FS] Abyss Diana Phi Headphone

I am selling my Abyss Diana Phi headphones. I paid $4000, and I'm selling them for $2000. Half. Reason: I am not listening much to headphones anymore. Happy to give someone a great deal.
  12. danielmiessler

[FS] Abyss 1266 TC (2021 Edition)

I'm selling my Abyss 1266 TC headphones. I paid $5,000 for them, and also bought the $2K Abyss cable, and you get that as well. Total asking price: $3,500, from $7,000. So, half. Reason for Sale: I don't listen to headphones that much anymore.
  13. danielmiessler

High-end Active HiFi vs. Mid-tier Passive HiFi

That's for a non-technical viewer. It just means the HiFi/HT is long-way in the room vs. how the room was designed, which is the short-way.
  14. danielmiessler

High-end Active HiFi vs. Mid-tier Passive HiFi

Basically a whole bunch of smart people here saying the Genelec ones are way overpriced and aren't even as good as JTRs.
Top Bottom