Recent content by CrustyToad

1. C

Kef R3's split a pair for centers Netherlands

Any takers on this deal? Still looking for someone to split a pair
  2. C

Whats better than naim muso 2 i want to upgrade it? i want reference sound...

Highly advised to read up on Genelec. Plenty of material in this forum
  3. C

NAS for Music Servers

I have a synology 416 NAS that has been running reliably for years. Had to replace one of the WD Red drives due to bad sectors but it all happened effortlessly. Very useful fory backup of files and as a music and video server. My only gripe is that the underlying hardware is quite slow and not...
  4. C

Looks like I was too late for that one..
  5. C

I am considering also to maybe buy two pairs and keep one spare. But I thought I give it a try here
  6. C

Yes it is a great price indeed Even better if I manage to find someone to spit one pair ;)
  7. C

Fellow ASR members, I am interested to have 3 Kef R3's for Left Right and Center but most dealers in the Netherlands sell them in pairs. I thought if someone here is interested we could split a pair. Interested in the black ones and have found some deals with 500 euro per piece. Any takers?
  8. C

Erin's Review of KEF Q250c Center Discussion

Do you mind sharing which shop was that that would sell R3's in odd numbers? Considering to get three for my LCR but I only find them sold in pairs...
  9. C

[WTB] Single KEF R3 - Black or White for use as center channel.

Did you find someone in the end? Considering the same though I am in Europe
  10. C

Cambridge Audio CXA81 Review (Sample 2)

Thanks @amirm for following up with a second sample. As stated in the review of the first sample I was expecting better from CA and it is good to see more performance was there. My CA 840 v2 sounds rock solid, though it has no onboard dac to mess things up. Would love to send it to you for...
  11. C

Do damping factor, slew rate and the like have possibly any influence on the "sound" of an amplifier?

I found that link quite telling of how a low dumping factor affects sound. Made it clear for me so thought it would help others to understand the impact as well. Indeed most well designed amps today should not have an issue
  12. C

Do damping factor, slew rate and the like have possibly any influence on the "sound" of an amplifier?

Check out this test showing the different frequency response of an amp with a low dumping factor https://archimago.blogspot.com/2021/08/summer-musings-no-not-all-amplifiers.html?m=1
  13. C

All possible paths to a 2.2 setup with DSP - finding the best fit and value

Have you checked out the flex? I think if I would buy now it would be my first choice
Top Bottom