Recent content by ClassicalSpeakers

1. C

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

Thanks for the explanation of how to setup the TV/speakers/streamer. I didn't even know about things like Apple TV until you mentioned them! Now I think I understand. Do you have a preferred way of wiring a laptop directly to the speakers or is that a foolish thing to do? e.g. I guess I could...
  2. C

I have a few questions for you all. Thank you in advance for the help. I get a lot of dropouts when using chromecast from my laptop to my LS60s. Usually, but not always, restarting my computer and the speakers fixes the problem. I've seen a lot of discussion about dropouts and streaming on...
  3. C

Thanks, GA16SE, for the link to the review. Rubinson's review helped convince me to buy them, but over time, I had forgotten he had talked about the filters. Novice question, though, do I just do this on the KEF app or do I also need do something on the SVS app? Keith, I have the microphone and...
  4. C

Hi all - I am a total neophyte audiophile who needs help with my LS60s and two SVS SB-3000s. I have no idea where I should set the filters on the subwoofers. And do I do everything on the KEF app, or do I also need so something on the SVS app? I listen to classical music in a 21'x17' room. Thank...
  5. C

LS60 placement help needed

Sorry, it's actually unlabeled--the room with all the glass just under Option B.
  6. C

LS60 placement help needed

Hi All - Inspired by Kal's recent stereophile review, I am awaiting newly purchased LS60s + 2 x SVS sb-3000s. These are my first pair of speakers and I have no idea where or how to place them. I've attached a floor plan. The ceilings in my house are 8' and the clap test makes all the rooms...
  7. C

Advice needed: classical music, budget ~$30k

I appreciate the comments about getting the room right, and I agree with the message. Unfortunately, though, room treatments of much significance are an impossibility for at least a few years. I am left wondering then if I should even invest in speakers at all, as much as I prefer their sound to...
  8. C

The Bach thread

I heard Benjamin Alard play the wtc on the harpsicord this weekend and really enjoyed it. Haven't gotten a chance to listen to his recording yet.
  9. C

Thanks, @Keith_W and @Waxx, for the tips about glass. Unfortunately, triple paining isn't in the cards for now. Thank you, @FeddyLost, on the large room. You say it has good proportions--why do you think so other than that it is large? When I put the proportions into the amroc calculator...
  10. C

Interesting idea, @Keith_W. It would have never occurred to me! Interesting too about windows: I didn't know that. I could put the speakers in the room with all the glass. Would that be wise if I used acoustic curtains? Thanks, @Doodski, for demystifying speaker and electronics pricing. Much...
  11. C

Thanks, @Doodski. Just to clarify, you are saying shoot for 15% off of sticker price or 20% if you are really lucky? Does it matter if the seller is a big box store (Best Buy for B&W, say) vs a local hifi store? Do new speakers like Blades tend to go for closer to sticker? And what do you do if...
  12. C

Thanks for all the responses. I appreciate the recommendations for more speakers to check out, like @Apesbrain's suggestion of the B&W, @MarcT's suggestion to look at Focals, and @FrantzM's suggestion of Lyngdorfs. As @MarcT points out, there are (too) many options. Thank you, @Keith_W, for the...
  13. C

Thanks, @Laserjock and @Kal Rubinson. I'll try to seek out some MCH experiences along the way. And thanks @McGillroy and @Ifrit for the tips. I'll check the ATC 150 and Strauss out. Why, @617, do you think I might be happier with smaller solutions? I am a bit worried--maybe entirely...
  14. C

Thanks, all, for the responses. Lots of good info here. I will add the Revels, Neumanns, Kef R7z, and Magnepans to the investigation list. Thanks to those who suggested them. To answer some questions and return some comments: @Dialectic -- I am located in SoCal, but far enough away from all...
  15. C

Thank you for the response, Keith_W. In terms of headphones vs speakers, yeah, I really miss the physicality of speakers. The headphones have many wonderful things about them, including precision, but I really miss the physicality of music, especially of larger works, romantic warhorses, opera...
Top Bottom