Recent content by BurritoJustice

1. BurritoJustice

S.M.S.L PO100, PO100 PRO & PO100 AK - Measurements (Digital Interfaces & DAC)

Can anyone confirm if the PO100 Pro has USB Hardware Volume disabled while in UAC1 mode? This is required to get the PS5 to output full volume over USB, otherwise it will lock the hardware volume to an extremely low value. I use my ADI-2 Pro to record SPDIF into my PC, and the Playstation...
  2. BurritoJustice

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

Power requirements are overstated, I have used my HE6se straight out of my damn Nintendo Switch. It's not loud, but it's perfectly serviceable. Some sources just literally do not function though, the headphone output on my monitor (a PG279Q, for computer nerds) is completely inaudible no matter...
  3. BurritoJustice

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

If the 789 can drive HE6, which it can, then it can drive the Phi as the Phi is a good chunk more sensitive. I'm basing my statement on the HE6 from my own experience (I own the relevant parts), but also mathematically (4w recommended max, 3.8w from the 789), and subjectively there are many on...
  4. BurritoJustice

Review and Measurements of Aune X1S DAC & Amp

I love seeing a product that has been popular for years amongst subjective reviewers measure well. It means that the large purchase base (from ZeosPantera's, Massdrop, Head-Fi et al.) actually has a well measuring and engineered device. It can be quite depressing when a long-term popular...
  5. BurritoJustice

New Audio Analyzer from Prism Sound (M1)

Just going to plug where I got my Pro: Way less of a jump. @amirm On the topic in the thread, what software would you recommend for analysis using an ADI-2 Pro (Fs)? I see most analysers have built in software, but I don't know the best software to use for a device that is not an analyser...
  6. BurritoJustice

Review and Measurements of Audio-gd NFB28.28 DAC and Headphone Amp

Yes, you cannot use your headphones balanced with the ADI-2 DAC. My main point is that you don't need to. The single ended output is easily enough to power almost anything, and you don't get much other than output power through a balanced connection. If you must upgrade to a balanced headphone...
  7. BurritoJustice

Review and Measurements of Schiit Jotunheim With AK4490 DAC

The public opinion on the 789 has reached a critical mass as it receives praise both from objectivists and subjectivists. ZeosPantera has a huge use base that is notorious for cleaning out the stock of anything he recommends, and he believes it to be the best amp ever made. Due to this, demand...
  8. BurritoJustice

The Pro line has two identical headphone amps, so with a custom adapter (can be found online for reasonably cheap, or just DIY) you can run in balanced mode for twice the voltage, output impedance, I believe twice? the amperage, and a minor increase in SNR. It should be noted that there isn't...
  9. BurritoJustice

The single ended output on the DAC is enough for almost literally anything. I use balanced output (on the Pro or the 789) exclusively with the HE6se, but they are literally orders of magnitude harder to drive than any other headphone you'll ever buy. (53ohm 77dB/mW) For example the HE560...
  10. BurritoJustice

Review and Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC

High power balanced mode on the pro (-10dB HE-6), and you could fry a fucking egg on the top of the uni. Though I guess the Aussie weather doesn't help.
  11. BurritoJustice

Review and Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC

Was yours the special order for MiniDisc? I remember seeing them post about it when it came in. If it helps you now have the full coverage of the Australian Consumer Law which is a conveniently non-specific on time full refund/replacement policy. You're on a short list of blokes with ADI-2s in...
  12. BurritoJustice

Survey:What kind of products do you want in 2019?From S.M.S.L

Hopefully for the THX AAA amp you guys get Andrew Mason and the rest of the THX team to take part in the design (and not just provide the AAA section) so that we get an amp closer to the 789 (incredible) and not like the Monoprice Monolith (depressingly disappointing). A THXAAA/SU-8 or...
  13. BurritoJustice

Review and Measurements of SMSL M10 DAC & Amp

SMSL are confusingly inconsistent. They must have multiple engineering teams to be able to put out the M10 and also the VMV D1 under the same label.
  14. BurritoJustice

Geshelli Labs ENOG2 PRO DAC Fully balanced

Even if there is something below expectations (which I honestly doubt), this attitude says to me that success is inevitable. A measured and open response like this points to ongoing collaborative improvements in engineering to meet any standard set by the community. I am looking forward to the...
Top Bottom