Recent content by Buddelpudding

1. B

FS: Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini Purifi 2Ch Power Amp (EU)

Opamps 1612, silver feet, piano black finish, EU voltage.
  2. B

FS: Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini Purifi 2Ch Power Amp (EU)

Selling the above amplifier. Piano black. 8 months old, mint condition. Original packaging and receipt are available. It's an amazing piece of gear, which I am only selling as I changed to active speakers due to WAF. I am located in Germany and would be willing to ship to EU if feasible with...
  3. B

Showing results of EQ

Thx! What if I want to generate my one set of filters to use with my RME DAC, which only has 5 PEQ bands plus high/low shelf? Can you give me a hint?
  4. B

Showing results of EQ

Is there a way on your site to find the actual EQ settings that were applied in case I wanted to try them out, say with an RME ADI-2? Looking at the KEF R5, specifically...
  5. B

Buchardt A500 Powered Bookshelf Speaker Review (by Erin)

Any hints as to when this is likely going to happen? :)
  6. B

Buchardt A500 Powered Bookshelf Speaker Review (by Erin)

@VintageFlanker Don't you have some experience with the Kef R-series? I am currently running KEF R5s with your old RME dac and an Apollon Purifi amp. Very happy with the system, but due to WAF-concerns, I am thinking about switching to the A500s. What is your guess - will this be a better...
  7. B

Old deals we still think about

So basically, set up alarms for all the gear that could potentially be interesting, then watch the market for while (maybe even a couple months) to get a good feel for prices and find a good deal.
  8. B

I think this was pure luck and a unique offer. But I can say that I found it through a Hifishark alert, a very useful site for finding audio deals anywhere in the world.
  9. B

I got my pair of KEF R5 for 1000€ total, while they normally sell for 1200€ (each!) in Germany. Couldn't believe my luck! BTW, it was sold as an individual speaker for 500 by some Mediamarkt store. I took a chance to buy the single speaker (stock was 1), and soon after another listing from the...
  10. B

Macbook Pro - 16GB vs 32GB RAM (unified memory)

I recently got a 8gb M1 Mac mini and I was worried the RAM might not be enough. So far I have not seen any performance issues doing some heavy multitasking (no editing though). You really should not apply the same standards regarding RAM in M1 machines as compared to Windows computers.
  11. B

Noisy Purifi amplifiers

It's funny to find this thread now, because I got the same model monoblocks from Audiophonics very recently and noticed the same problem yesterday. I could even hear the irregular crackling noise from my listening position. But later I concluded that this strong interference was caused by the...
Top Bottom