Recent content by Buddelpudding

1. B

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Thx @MC_RME, I appreciate that! Wasn't aware of the warranty restriction. I will send you a PM once I find the time to deal with this.
  2. B

Thanks for asking. I am not quite sure, but I think I noticed the issue soon after I got the unit from you. No need to feel sorry though, of course I did not mean to blame you or anything. Maybe I'll send it in just before I go on a holiday ;)
  3. B

I also am experiencing the encoder issue with the unit I bought from @VintageFlanker . I live in Germany though, so sending it in wouldn't be a big issue, I'm just to lazy...
  4. B

Review and Measurements of miniDSP SHD DAC, DSP And Streamer

So why not Minidsp SHD Studio + Rme Adi Dac? ;)
  5. B

Combine RME ADI DAC 2 with Minidsp DDRC-24?

Doesn't Roon have its own REQ solution already integrated?
  6. B

Combine RME ADI DAC 2 with Minidsp DDRC-24?

I am also wondering about how to add REQ to my RME ADI DAC. Theoretically the best hardware solution I found so far is the Minidsp SHD studio. It's fully digital, includes USB and network capabilities, so can act as a USBbridge and/or streamer as well. If only it wasn't so pricey... A software...
  7. B

Desk speakers (active or passive) up to ~1500€

BTW, I wanted to let you guys know that a purchased a pair of Neumann KH 120 a couple weeks ago, and so far I am very happy with them. First I thought they sounded a bit dull and smallish, but the longer I listen, I notice what my floorstanders are lacking actually. Also I had just been used to...
  8. B

They're actually a passive design but were activated for the purpose of a proper comparison to the KH120 by adding a Hypex module (in front of the crossover, as I understand it). Good point, although I have built (easy) speakers before, so that would not be totally offputting. To me, one...
  9. B

What do you guys think about this DIY alternative? https://heissmann-acoustics.de/en/dxt-mon-vs-neumann-kh-120a/ I could get a ready-made pair for around 650 bucks, which is almost what the DIY kit costs. For KH120 I got an offer at around 800 a pair. The Neumanns of course include an...
  10. B

It is my understanding that the Neumann monitors don't have internal AD conversion, but an analog crossover. When monitors have a DSP crossover, it is of course logical to provide digital inputs as well, but I think this is usually the case.
  11. B

OK, so maybe they added the 'A' when the digital version was introduced? Yes, I meant the anthracite. Just wondering if maybe there have been several shades of grey ;)
  12. B

Thx @HammerSandwich, that's actually great advice, and honestly it doesn't even sound that bad at the desk listening through my floorstanders! Ultimately I am pretty sure I am going to want two separate systems though, if I ever inhabit more than one room for example. Therefore I don't mind the...
  13. B

So, I went to the local music store to listen to some monitors, including the Kh 120 and Kh 80. The 120s sound pretty good, very balanced indeed. Imaging is precise, details are there, although some others seemed to be more revealing, but maybe that's because of treble emphasis or I don't know...
  14. B

This sounds pretty good to me. A few more questions have arised: 1) How about Neumann vs. Genelec in terms of sound/measurement quality? 2) Do the KH120 perform well at low listening volumes? (this is a requirement I forgot to mention) Thanks for all the helpful input so far! BTW: I tried...
  15. B

Not a problem per se, but it takes away one possible advantage of using a subwoofer.
Top Bottom