Recent content by bsas

1. B

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

I agree that shouldn't be possible. I tried to change all multiple times and it never reset it. But then, when I did a factory reset it fixed it. Like I said, now it is perfect after the factory reset. But how in the hell it got to the unbalanced state???
  2. B

Where? Mine has just the following options: "1. Display | M (A, L, M, H)" "2. Remote | ON (ON, OFF)" "3. Vol Memory | IN (IN, OUT)" "4. Safe Vol Mode | OFF (ON, OFF)" "5. Safe Vol | -20dB" "6. Save and exit" "7. Factory reset" Are you not getting confused with the D90?
  3. B

OK, here is my story. My Pre90 was obviously 5db louder in the left side. I isolated all components and it was clearly the Pre90. When I measured with my multimeter it was clearly 30-40% more voltage on the L side (both on the RCA outs and the XLR outs). Then I plugged on my oscilloscope, lined...
  4. B

Rega IO Review (stereo amplifier)

I have the same two speakers (KLH Model 5 and the CSS Criton 1TD-X). Which one is your favorite and why? What do you mean by “combining” them, do you play both at the same time???
  5. B

OK, I think my Pre90 has a major issue… the left side is 5db louder than the right side. I was doing some speaker measurements and I noticed the discrepancy. So, I tried to change L and R on the DAC, on the speakers, on the amp. I tried all combinations and definitely the one to blame is the...
  6. B

Denafrips Ares II + Topping Pre90 impedance issue

True… but I am never fully sure how much quality one losses with digital volume control :(
  7. B

Purifi is fine, the problem is that it doesn't have a volume knob so in my mind I thought about the Pre90 as a volume control (the Purifi is 400W, aka, loud as f**k).
  8. B

GR Research LGK 2.0 Kit Speaker Review (video)

Looks like giants have good hearing and they die if they hear distortion... poor giants...
  9. B

Thanks!!! It would be interesting if we had a list of tracks you use and what do you look for into each, just out of curiosity and learning… Thanks again!
  10. B

@amirm What is the name of that test song? I like the song :)… (and I want to hear it on my speakers that don’t distort)
  11. B

Topping M50

“not bother” doesn’t magically add an IIS port to my system unfortunately, so, if it doesn’t solve a problem, it is not “the cheapest way” to solve the problem… :)
  12. B

Topping M50

Am I the only one looking at the M50 as the cheapest way to add IIS to a Raspi or a PC/Mac?
  13. B

Hi, So, I have the Denafrips Ares II DAC that I really like. I used to use it on my Aiyima 07 integrated amp since it has a volume control, but I recently got a VTV Purifi (EVAL1 buffer) amp that I love too, but, now I have to control the volume on the Ares 2. For that I recently got the...
  14. B

Hi, I have the same setup: Denafrips Ares II, VTV Purifi with the EVAL1 input buffer and the Topping Pre90 and I would like to know the best way to connect them. If I use the RCA outs on the DAC instead of the XLR does it fix the impedance issue? If not, what should I do? Thanks!!!
  15. B

If I am not mistaken, 0 means "unity gain", so, 0 should be similar to plug a line level thing directly to the PA. Depending on your setup, that is good or can be too much. Depends on your PA and your speakers :P But the Pre90 has "gain" up to +16dB if I am not mistaken. So, it is designed to...
Top Bottom