Recent content by brockers13

1. B

Subwoofer advice please

Just an update for all those who kindly gave input to me. After lots of consideration and a degree of agonising:) I pushed the buy button on a Genelec 7040a. The quality of the 8030 speakers, resale value and Genelec backup convinced me in the end. The 7050 I ruled out, mainly because of cost...
  2. B

Subwoofer advice please

So will a SVS, Say SVS SB1000 Pro be easier to integrate than th Genelec 7040a ? Thanks
  3. B

Subwoofer advice please

Thanks for inputting, interesting and yes a using a Mac.
  4. B

Subwoofer advice please

Input appreciated, I’ll look into your advice, however selling the 8030c and re buying is a hassle I don’t want and further GLM is be out of my price range.
  5. B

Subwoofer advice please

Thanks but I believe the 8030c won’t work with GLM
  6. B

Subwoofer advice please

Hi, bought a pair of Genelec 8030C after advice from this site, for use in a smallish living room approximately (5*7) m Listening at mostly low levels because of neighbours. When they go out it’s different! However it’s mostly lower levels maybe 70-80 db. So I’m leaning towards the small...
  7. B

Focal Alpha 65 EVO Review (Studio Monitor)

As mentioned because of the defects, hum and sleep failure they were repacked and returned Asap. I was scared of any inadvertent damage before I could return them. Cat scratching one for example even though I don’t have a cat :)
  8. B

Focal Alpha 65 EVO Review (Studio Monitor)

Without commenting at length on the sound, I initially purchased a pair of these, one refused to sleep, the both had hum, one quite loud. They did sound nice to me though. From the ads the impression given imo is they are made in France, in fact they are made in China, which is not necessarily...
  9. B

Buying Genelec questions.

Looking at all options for improvement and flexibility, I could probably call on friends when it gets a bit over my head, but that raspberry build looks reasonably doable imho
  10. B

I’m absolutely delighted with them. Maybe a raspberry pi server build next seems to give a lot of flexibility. Looking at this any comments welcome. https://www.headphonesty.com/2021/04/how-to-build-raspberry-pi-network-music-streamer-with-touchscreen/
  11. B

No mixer at present. Yep, 3.5 -XLR. Plenty of volume in the present place , Won’t be able to hit those levels in the new until I get to know when the downstairs neighbour goes out!
  12. B

No sub. About 1.75-2.25 m. Bass tight, dynamic, impactful, the clarity and imaging separation of instruments, in fact the things are amazing, everything flat for now while I get used to the sound. They seem reluctant to enter sleep so moved the power supply to one wall outlet in case the...
  13. B

Thanks everyone for all the help. The 8030s arrived today, everything from Sketch’s of Spain, to Joe Bonamassa live at the Greek,‘I’ll play the blues for you’ sounds awesome. Happy as a pig in sh*t
  14. B

The fault on a brand new pair of Focals pushed me to up the budget and get the most reliable, supported, recommended brand I could get. Any brand can have problems, afterwards, and I should have checked, I realised that those particular Focals were, despite what the advertising implied, made in...
Top Bottom