Recent content by Brantome

1. B

WiiM Ultra

Fair enough points - Room Correction for the Mini has been like the hokey cokey ;)
  2. B

WiiM Ultra

And the Pro and the Pro Plus. The jury's still out re the Mini, but probably not feasible on that
  3. B

WiiM Ultra

True, plus the prices they quite are in dollars, euros and pounds, and the parity or disparity some are complaining about isn’t unusual in my experience when you look at other kit on Amazon USA, UK, France etc like WiiM’s previous devices or Echo and Fire Tv devices.
  4. B

Fire TV Stck

Amazon Music Unlimited is playable at resolutions up to 24/192 on a wide range of devices, not just all WiiM models and Eversolo. Denon/Heos/Marantz, Bluesound and Yamaha I believe are amongst the better known.
  5. B

Fire TV Stck

If you prefer “Amazon direct”, I’m sure you’re aware you can cast bit perfect from the Amazon Music app to any WiiM device? The issue with the Amazon Music app playing natively on any platform (i.e. not casting to a WiiM) is that it upsamples all tracks to the max resolution of the device it’s...
  6. B

WiiM Mini Streamer

I don’t think that a datasheet is available but if you a Google image search for “WiiM Mini tear down” you’ll see a few pics online, for example at https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/wiim-pro-information-requested.393202/ You could try raising a ticket to WiiM via the settings/feedback...
  7. B

WiiM Ultra

Over on their forum WiiM hinted they’d be releasing another product around the same time as the Ultra. One possibility might be the more powerful 110w amp first mentioned in some CI market articles such as this https://www.pursuitperfectsystem.com/wiim-professional-moves-into-the-ci-sector/ I...
  8. B

WiiM Amp discussion

You skipped over the WiiM Amp Amp ;)
  9. B

WiiM Ultra

Maybe not 10 band, but PEQ was mooted late ‘22 Post in thread 'PEQ filters' https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/peq-filters.15/post-225
  10. B

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

By casting I mean sending or transmitting I.e. sending the audio the WiiM device is playing to a target device using Airplay. The WiiM Mini is an Airplay 2 receiver, not transmitter/receiver like its siblings. All WiiM devices are bit perfect. I personally prefer to interpret that as meaning...
  11. B

Mini doesn't support airplay casting though
  12. B

The WiiM Mini doesn't support Airplay casting - that's only available on the devices further up the chain like the Pro, Pro Plus and Amp.
  13. B

WiiM Ultra

Well, as you say, there’s no Deezer Connect casting so I guess when you say ‘cast’ you’re referring to ChromeCast which will deliver the same CD quality stream to a WiiM device from the Deezer as would the Deezer interface within the WiiM Home app. I can’t speak to Airplay and Deezer...
  14. B

WiiM Ultra

Unlikely again due to WiiM not being able to see those tracks which will probably be DRM protected into the bargain.
Top Bottom