Recent content by Bombadil

1. Bombadil

KEF Q100 Speaker Review

Found him. Now I can get some sleep ;) thanks Amir for everything you do for us
  2. Bombadil

KEF Q100 Speaker Review

thanks very much! However the link does not include the postal panther. I hope it doesn't indicate our leader is going postal!
  3. Bombadil

KEF Q100 Speaker Review

If you could help me with the meaning of the Pink Panther Postman I'd appreciate it. It seems to be applied to devices that work OK but with caveats.
  4. Bombadil

Dirac and similar

We certainly need some objective comparison testing of the systems (DIRAC, Audessey etc). I'm very accustomed to using ARC and I think we could all agree it modifies the sound we hear. In my case generally positive, noticed primarily in the bass. ARC Genesis measures by default up to 5000 hz...
  5. Bombadil

NAD C658 Streaming DAC Review

I don't have any Sonos speakers; i just use the Ports to get a broadband connection for streaming Spotify or other services.
  6. Bombadil

TV Repair: some days you are unlucky...

Get the LG OLED. I had a very hard time giving up my pioneer Kuro plasma but the LG is a better picture. So far (1 year), no burn in. I did buy the extended warranty however.
  7. Bombadil

3 dead Sonos Ports

I had three units altogether that failed, so I have to believe there is a bug in this relatively new product. The status light on the top remained lit in all cases so they were getting power, and I've never had power supply issues with other components. You're correct that Sonos is a more mass...
  8. Bombadil

3 dead Sonos Ports

No it's not a drinking song, just an FYI regarding my recent experience with the newish Sonos Port. I bought one, it never worked and was exchanged. I bought another for another system so I ended up with 2 new Ports :) About 3 months after purchase one of them died, just stopped working...
  9. Bombadil

Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100 Review

what's with the postal worker panther? Good enough for government work? Just meh?
  10. Bombadil

Exactly what "features" are your referring to? I have owned all three of these components (STR pre/NAD/P6); I returned the NAD for malfunctions and sold the P6 for lack of room correction. The STR is not going anywhere because of its superb performance and excellent feature set. It isn't a...
  11. Bombadil

I wonder about the P6 as well. I just sold mine, partly because of the poor performance of another Parasound component tested by Amir but mostly because it lacked room eq. I was able to compare the P6 to my STR preamp (same amp/speakers/room in both cases) and at moderately high volumes (>75)...
  12. Bombadil

Like Hephaestus I bought one of these new, and I also found the software interface sucked and I noticed popping, but not pooping or plopping noises. The overall performance was inconsistent (sometimes coming on, sometimes not) so I returned it to Amazon. Looks like it was a wise choice indeed...
  13. Bombadil

Digital to Analog with 100% accuracy

typical elf response, they will answer with yes and no. ;)
  14. Bombadil

Marchand XM44 Analog Active Crossover Review

I truly appreciate your trying to help me, thanks. Knowing my strengths/weaknesses I know it's best in my case to leave crossovers to the engineers who make the speakers and electronics. And as the self appointed representative of the life and social sciences wing of the ASR party I know I...
  15. Bombadil

Marchand XM44 Analog Active Crossover Review

I have no idea what this thing is.
Top Bottom