1. E

Big subs vs Small subs

Figuratively. Account to be closed
  2. E

Big subs vs Small subs

:facepalm: @Ron Texas I'm headed your way
  3. E

Big subs vs Small subs

well, puppet, when you have evidence of an audible difference i'd love to read all about it.
  4. E

Big subs vs Small subs

I did not state that the drivers move the atmosphere in the same way, perhaps you should read the original post. My question from the beginning is can you hear a difference between a larger and smaller sub playing the same frequency at the same volume with the same distortion? The differences...
  5. E

Stereo Sub Vs Dual Mono

Try this video, helped me understand the pros/cons. My experience trying it both ways using Anthem STR preamp (ARC Genesis) and switching back and forth I've always preferred dual mono...
  6. E

Big subs vs Small subs

Quotes imply a word for word replication of the original. What I, er, actually said was "I don't know, but if the large and the small driver are both moving the same quantity of air at the same frequency they should sound the same. The smaller driver just has to make a larger excursion with...
  7. E

Big subs vs Small subs

Happy Easter to Adam and all, may we always keep the discussions light hearted and congenial. I have it on good authority that Matthew Poes will soon be releasing a video re this subject of "tactility" in subs.
  8. E

Is the Performance of a DAC Linked toCost?

Sound quality is no longer a factor among quality DACs IMO, so when I chose the Benchmark DAC3B I did so because: 1- It integrates perfectly with the LA4 preamp I was using 2- Build quality and reliability are superb 3- Five year warranty 4- Excellent customer support and service if needed 5-...
  9. E

Who would you consider to be an Ethical Manufacturer in the Audio Business?

Yet another vote for Benchmark. I've contacted (pestered) Rory countless times and always hear back almost immediately with a thoughtful and knowledgeable response. He has never tried to sell me anything. In fact when I was desperate to justify a second AHB2 he said basically, you don't need...
  10. E

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

I think so. It is an Amazon "Deal" which I'm not familiar with although it appears they have a fixed number to sell and about 65% have been sold as of this post. For those looking for a transport with a nice UI (including Spotify and Tidal connect) this appears to be the best option. I have...
  11. E

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Wii pro going fast at 15% off at Amazon deals https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BJDY6D1W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  12. E

Wii pro 15% off Amazon deal - going fast

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJDY6D1W/?coliid=I1BZPOPGGHWGEF&colid=CJ36NTB678O8&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
  13. E

Big subs vs Small subs

So if the ass was larger than the seatback the pressure would be dissipated; would this cause a peak or a null in the room? ;)
Top Bottom