Recent content by BikeSmith60

1. B

Absolutely Preposterous Denafrips DAC Reviews

It's probably a good thing that preposterously ridiculous comments aren't lethal to one's health.
  2. B

Subwoofer upgrade.....Decisions, Decisions....Please Help!

Sealed-ported subs for music only. Obvious.
  3. B

Allo Boss2 Review (Stereo Streamer)

Hello, I believe in measurement tests and the results of these tests. I thought Amir's test and review were convincingly good which also prompted me to pull the trigger and order one. However, system synergy and room acoustics are not necessarily reflected in anybody's tests not to mention the...
  4. B

Hello Johan, My feedback is obviously subjective according to my own (experienced) ears and in no way an attempt to disparage your products. I will certainly allow some more time of course and I did consider some minimal burn-in perhaps being necessary. The PSU is your cheap one which, while not...
  5. B

UPDATE: Boss2 received and installed with no problems. Was indeed Plug and Play as a Roon bridge and is functioning correctly. However, there are a few disappointing points: 1. Sound = very flat and non dynamic (as compared to a Squeezebox Classic on same exact system/parameters). Bass and...
  6. B

Just ordered one of these for delivery in Europe. Had a very old Squeezebox die on the basement system and needed to replace. Still have 3 other Squeezeboxes all running Roon in addition to the main system which is all Naim. Hoping that the little Boss2 will make a decent Roon endpoint...
  7. B

Marantz Model 30

Looks like 2 years warranty in France. Very poor!
  8. B

Why not review some Hegel amps?

Correct spelling is BENT HOLTER. He is the founder/head honcho and designer at Hegel. He's done a remarkable job as his products are indeed quite successful. They just aren't for me however.
  9. B

Wut? Why? Tell that to my Jadis and Audio Research power and preamps... which happen to be setup in rooms that require no tweaking, thanks anyway. However, and typically as well, the SS amps present more opportunities to require or atleast wish for a minimum of tone control and most certainly...
  10. B

And...no tone controls, EQ or DSP possibilities. WORSE YET, no balance control. So the Hegel will throw a perfectly centered image on only "perfectly centered recordings" and in all our various home/domestic listening environments? Not for me, thanks anyway.
  11. B

Marantz Model 30

Hi again, in fact the new version of the 25.22i standmount is marketed at 89db for 8 ohms. Frankly, easy enough to drive as I tested with 10 watts of triode power and at low listening it was totally palatable, if obviously not ideal. The real problem is countering and compensating for how PMC...
  12. B

Marantz Model 30

Thanks for quick reply. Hopefully useful for others as well. Next question for me to entertain is will it properly power the latest iteration of the PMC 25i series speakers, which are basically a sort of incarnation of Satan. Thanks again.
  13. B

Marantz Model 30

Hello LostArk, Was wondering how you found the bass response and behavior on the Model 30 during your demo. Am currently looking to replace my Naim Supernait2 with something a bit more civilized, notably with more subtle control on LF. The Naim is like Mike Tyson, very upset, in a China shop...
  14. B

Amplifier suggestions for atc scm 19v2

Yep, what is even more hilarious is the lack of any and all imagination compounded by an apparent lack of experience and a blinding faith in absolute objectivism at the expense of real-world listening pleasure. Fortunately, we do live in the free Western world so whatever sinks your boat is...
  15. B

Audibility of Low Damping Factor? - Benchmark Myth-Busting White Paper

@tvrgeek Yes, thanks for the thoughts. It's interesting to note that typically and historically Naim have felt that not building a zobel network in the output stage was/is better. This must be compensated by the speaker cables, according to Naim with very specific and somewhat rare LCR values...
Top Bottom