Recent content by bigredrobotninja

1. B

What is Wrong with Centre Channels

Just curious what JBL models you're talking about?
  2. B

Philharmonic AA Plus Monitor - my notes

Well then I'm glad I was able to snag a pair when I did, it's an excellent speaker. Maybe I'll pick up a pair of Mini Monitors instead, and slowly work my way up the Dennis Murphy product ladder.
  3. B

Philharmonic AA Plus Monitor - my notes

I bought a pair of your kits, but I'd also be interested in picking up another pair from Meniscus too, in case that helps persuade Mark.
  4. B

Which headphone(s) of "inferior prestige" do you come always back to?

Koss KSC-75. Also, I use a pair of KPH-30s with a mic as my teleconference/zoom headphones, and I usually just end up grabbing them to listen to music too.
  5. B

Revel M12 opinions?

In a lot of my hobbies it seems like you can find a lot of value going back 1-2 generations of products. With that in mind, does anyone have any opinions about the original Revel Concerta line? Is it worth trying to track down a pair of M12s, or are they not really worth it compared to say a...
  6. B

List of good subwoofers under 600

Just to clarify, the (now-discontinued) SB/PB-1000s have high-passed line level outs. This functionality has been removed in the Pro models.
  7. B

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Just out of curiosity, if you can compare the size against the Ghent 2-channel case for the NC502MP that would be great. I'm looking for the smallest footprint (depth and width) that I can get.
  8. B

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Do you have any pics of the new small 2-channel case? Thanks.
  9. B

Kali Audio MV-BT Review (Balanced Bluetooth Receiver)

Fiio BTA30 is one I have been looking at. I'd be interested to see the DAC performance too.
  10. B

Dynaudio Emit M10 Review (bookshelf speaker)

Amir, do you have the horizontal/vertical directivity plots that you normally include?
  11. B

DIY Purifi Amp builds

How do you feel about the VTV build quality? I know there have been some negative experiences with his other amps, but it seems like with the EVAL1 board there's less opportunity for issues.
  12. B

SVS 1000 Pro Series

I actually emailed SVS and asked about that, and they confirmed the SB1000 Pro and PB1000 Pro don't have high pass filters.
  13. B

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

Does anyone know if this will have an input sensing auto-standby/auto-shutoff? I tried to skim through the thread but I didn't see it.
  14. B

Not saying they're transparent, but Amir measured the Hypex NC400 and the Purifi 1ET400A to have a THD+N of right around .003% at 100mW. That's pretty durn good. Give them a couple more generations and I bet they'll get even better.
  15. B

Speaker amps are getting closed to being "solved" as well with the latest Hypex and Purifi topologies. I think it's great.
Top Bottom