Recent content by BigJim79

1. B

Wavelet is such a miracle

Hi everyone. I use Usb Audio Player Pro with my Buds Pro, I've been fiddling with the EQ a bit, but really what I'm looking for is someone who can convert these 7 Band EQs for the Buds Pro into PEQ? I have the PEQ add-in working with my DACs and certain headphones, but can't seem to find a PEQ...
  2. B

Best true wireless? (or value IEM)

I got a set of Earfun Free 2 the other day and have been enjoying them. For £35 they have a decent mic and the tuning isn't bad at all, I EQ the mid bass down a bit and sort out some peaks around 5k and they are impressive for the price.
  3. B

What electronic audio products you want tested most

I would like to see more DAPs, especially something expensive from A&K. I have an AK JR I could send, but it's a bit old now. I think a DAP multi test, with perhaps a selection from some of the popular brands would be great.
  4. B

Aftermarket headphone cables

Custom Cans as others have put are decent. They don't claim any magnificent improvements which also gives them a big plus in my eyes. I'm about to order a T1 Gen 2 Cable for my HE4XX.
  5. B

Small budget first sub recommendation Yamaha vs Jamo

Hey, the BK subs are all decent, but will suit different remits. I went for the XLS400 which is a side firing 12”, it's pretty tight and accurate, no boominess. However, the Monolith Subs I think are a bit better for movies, a little more lively. I got mine on their eBay store as a second...
  6. B

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

You do save, but just because on that particular item they aren't including an import deposit doesn't mean you aren't going to be charged it UK end, which, in addition to the handling charge and then factoring the warranty through Amazon / Hifiheadphones, makes for a safer to order locally and...
  7. B

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

IEM UK Buyers - Yes we get worse but still good deals...
  8. B

Best very low budget headphones (sub $50)

Takstar Pro 82 are easily the most competent set for that price range. They are absolutely excellent, pretty much an MDR1a with a more neutral driver. I love mine, comfy cups and pads, decent case.
  9. B

Flare audio calmer

I like them as a company. Their R2 series IEMs were ahead of the curve when released, fantastic sounding. I don't think they released Calmer specifically for tinnitus, it was only because of a few users who suffered said they helped. Their Jets IEMs however aren't great, massive flex hence I...
  10. B

Boosting vocals in movies ?

Quite often you will find vocals in movies lacking. You just have to push the volume up, as the mix is designed for cinema whereby the sound effects are meant to go loud during the peak. It's annoying and I only noticed it more once I got a decent cinema set up.
  11. B

Review and Measurements of SMSL Sanskrit 10th DAC

Vini, you are an absolute star, all fixed and once again very happy, must have just wiggled itself free as both screws were loose. Thanks so much, Jim.
  12. B

Thanks Vini, I'll have a look tomorrow and see if they have loosened. Thanks for the quick reply, fingers crossed I can fix it. Cheers, Jim.
  13. B

Has anyone got any experience of a warranty repair with SMSL. I'm UK based and have noticed the top USB port (aux power) is intermittent on my Sanskrit. It's less than a year old and I brought from Amazon UK. I've emailed Kelly at SMSL, is that about all I can do at this stage? Thanks, Jim.
  14. B

Best OS/server to stream Tidal/Qobuz via Raspberry PI

Quick question. Having a good read about Moode, seems ideal for me. However I have a question about EQ. At present I use the Add on for UAPP to set my EQ profiles. I have read that Moode can do Parametric EQ, but would that still work with a Tidal Stream? If it can EQ the Tidal at Hifi Quality...
  15. B

Best OS/server to stream Tidal/Qobuz via Raspberry PI

Hey Thunder, thanks for the input. I was looking at those, but as I run my XBOX into the Optical, I really did want to stick to USB really just to save the wear and tear on the DAC. Now I’m going to do a load of reading and let the credit card rip! Cheers.
Top Bottom