• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Small budget first sub recommendation Yamaha vs Jamo

Which small and budget sub would you recommend?

• Jamo SUB 210

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Yamaha NS-SW050

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Other (please comment)

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

baschi

In Europe the value propositions are somewhat different than in the US. You can find SVS but they're expensive. You have access to https://www.bkelec.com though, which is mainly an OEM and you'll find their excellent subs under different well know brand names, for more money. There's also https://www.xtzsound.eu

Sorry to push up that topic again.

I'm right now searching for the righr sub for my Hifi Setup which can be found in my thread. I use it mostly for music, rarely for movies.
I tending between SVS and Bkelec.
I'm not sure which model from Bkelec I should consider? I want a closed sub but I dont know the brand and are a bit confused with that plenty of options. SVS I would take 1000 or 2000

Willem

Major Contributor
I have recently bought a KEF Kube8b for my desktop system and I am more than happy. I paid 379 euro in the Netherlands but the price now seems to have gone up. It is good looking and compact, and goes low enough in a small (18 sqm) room. I am currently experimenting with that desktop system (Harbeth P3ESR speakers) in our large open plan living space (some 75 sqm). The sound is excellent, but the system does not quite fill a large room like this (I never expected it to do that).
There are also larger 10 inch and 12 inch versions of the design if your room is larger. I would always go for dual subs if possible, combined with dsp room eq.

BigJim79

Sorry to push up that topic again.

I'm right now searching for the righr sub for my Hifi Setup which can be found in my thread. I use it mostly for music, rarely for movies.
I tending between SVS and Bkelec.
I'm not sure which model from Bkelec I should consider? I want a closed sub but I dont know the brand and are a bit confused with that plenty of options. SVS I would take 1000 or 2000

Hey, the BK subs are all decent, but will suit different remits. I went for the XLS400 which is a side firing 12”, it's pretty tight and accurate, no boominess. However, the Monolith Subs I think are a bit better for movies, a little more lively.
I got mine on their eBay store as a second, although not a mark on it.
They even fitted an auto power on / off for me free of charge, excellent customer service.
I believe mine has the Peerless Driver.
https://www.bkelec.com/HiFi/Sub_Woofers/XXLS400FF.htm

Willem

Major Contributor
Auto on/off is indeed very convenient, and not availabe on many BK subs but apparently feasible as an option. I want to repeat the importance of going for dual subs, and perhaps also dsp room eq. Two small subs will almost always sound more accurate than one big sub.

baschi

I will go for 2 subs anyway. I have a Denon x3500h with audyssey multieq, in case I realldy need an additional dsp I will buy one.
Can I connect an Minidsp with my denon?

Bk xls200 and Svs 1000 are about the same price, which one is better?

I would like to place one sub behind my tv lowboard and one behind my couch, is there anything I need to watch? F.e. If I take an frintfiring instead of an side firing I can easily turn it right? Should the speaker (subs) point in my listening position on the couch or can they point sideways?

Top Bottom