Recent content by Bhh

1. B

Revel M55XC Outdoor Speaker Review

Thanks so much. Its a work in progress and difficult mobilizing contractors this year so I’m doing much of the electrical work myself (inspected of course). Those are the light fixtures I’m getting ready to install, WAC Precission Multiples...
  2. B

I considered in-wall speakers for my application as well as I like the clean modern look and they would be mounted at an angle like you describe. Based on on the positive reviews, I wanted to try a pair of Revels and none of their in-wall speakers are moisture resistant. Like yours, mine will...
  3. B

This is my current install of these and I plan to add 2 more (one in each quadrant). The space is still in construction so I’m not sure exactly how they will be installed when the ceiling is finished. I was listening to these again today and I do wish they had more bass and I bet the bigger...
  4. B

speaker’s fault? Sorry, I couldn’t resist. ;) JK
  5. B

I have two of these speakers on a covered screened 24' x 24' porch and will probably add two more. The floors are concrete and the space is open on 3 sides with a cathedral ceiling that goes from about 8' at the sides up to about 14' in the center. They are mounted up near the ceiling and...
  6. B

Need an IR remote extender that actually works

Hello. I’m using a typical 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male cable from the “IR EMITER” output of the Bafx unit to the REM IN of the Rotel. There are 4 of those outputs and besides the one to the Rotel, I’m also using one of the emiter cables that came with the unit to send signals to a mini DSP unit...
  7. B

Rythmik L12 Subwoofer Review

I am the owner of the speaker tested. I received it from Amir on Monday and have been doing listening test this week and started some REW sweeps this afternoon when my wife finally left the house for groceries ;) I’m only running one sub at the moment and plan to add another soon and despite...
  8. B

DAC for subwoofer(s) only

@rvsixer. It does work and works pretty well. You can map any remote control button on any remote to one of several functions inside the dsp software. I hear what you are saying completely. This all lives in a cabinet (with additional boxes for IR repeaters) so it as all pretty tucked away...
  9. B

The plan is for two subs. There were two reasons I went with the nanoDigi. The first is as @rvsixer mentioned, the 2x4HD DAC is unfortunately a weak link, which is too bad as that device is superior in every other way. Probably the bigger reason though is my amp will wake up from standby mode...
  10. B

miniDSP input vs output PEQ best practices

Is the "best practice" with a miniDSP to basically target a flat FR with the output PEQs and then apply house curves with the input PEQs? I like the idea of separating it in this way so all the effort that goes into flatting out the FR does not have to be redone each time you want to play...
  11. B

Hi guys, I was enjoying the warm weather alone in the woods today. Felt great to be outside! Thanks for all the additional recommendations. @TimW and @FrantzM Most of the volume control is via our phones within Spotify but yes, analog/remote control volume would change from the Rotel to the...
  12. B

Pimping your product? Clearly this will not work in any way whatsoever for this application.
  13. B

I think my brain just broke.
  14. B

I currently use and nanoDigi (fully-digital, no analog) miniDSP between a Chromecast Audio and a Rotel 2-channel amp with a fully digital signal path from the CCA to the Rotel which handles the DAC. I am getting ready to begin integrating a pair of subs and the plan was originally to drive the...
  15. B

Hi guys, just wanted to thank everyone for such a great discussion following the review here. I’ve learned a lot and really appreciate everyone’s contribution. As I mentioned earlier, Amir had a lot more tests planned for this and we just ran out of time since I’m on a short leash with regards...
Top Bottom