Recent content by Benaudio

1. B

What's the deal with mid-tier closed headphones?

Was gonna Say Audeze Sine. Best closed back I’ve owned, but not comfortable in stock form. I got some sheepskin over ear earpads on AliExpress, very happy!
  2. B

Topping BC3 Bluetooth Receiver Review and Measurements of Bluetooth Codecs (video)

Great video as always Amir. One request if I may, I’d love to see the analysis on AAC codec with apple device to see where it stands in comparison with the other ones. That's what I use daily and it sounds good to me, but my need for objective validation is eating at me
  3. B

Why are headphone amplifiers still so important to audiophiles?

For me, it’s the ability to power pretty much anything without worrying about power reserve and having a nice volume knob for a good tactile experience
  4. B

Allo Boss2 Review (Stereo Streamer)

So in a nutshell can this kind of devices be thought as a Bluetooth DAC but with a SOTA SINAD and DR that works on wifi or Ethernet? Essentially it serves the same function but does it in a audibly transparent manner, right?
  5. B

Allo Boss2 Review (Stereo Streamer)

The owner of the Company must be a geeky guitarist, Boss Katana is a very popular guitar amplifier
  6. B

Panasonic RP-TCM125 Review (Budget IEM)

Qudelix 5K. Korean though ;)
  7. B

Should I get a dac/amp or just an amp?

Or you could get a Fiio K5 Pro
  8. B

Norne Audio Premium Headphone Cable Review

Oh that’s too bad, I was just catching up on this thread and was starting to enjoy it. for real though, this kind of discussion was to be expected. Our poor friend was at least courageous enough (or ignorant enough) to start an uphill battle here. He was a bit alone in the task, but at least he...
  9. B

Which headphone(s) of "inferior prestige" do you come always back to?

Makes sense, those are not physically identical, they have different cups and pads, unlike Live and SE. People complaining about differences is anecdotal, my personal anecdote is they are the same. Of course I’d be happy to be proven wrong if someone measures both on the same rig
  10. B

I have original CAL and SE version, cannot tell a difference in FR or SQ. also no physical difference whatsoever inside the cup or outside, apart from color scheme
  11. B

Creative Aurvana Live! SE. they have no flaw and are ridiculously good at pretty much everything. Fun but not too bloated, light but not too flimsy, small but not too uncomfortable, good at everything! Love them to death despite having much more expensive headphones. should be a mandatory buy...
  12. B

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

Of course you are free to think as you do but in my opinion you are generalizing. design flaws can occur at any price point and no engineer is perfect. i prefer an honest one that is reactive, accepts his error and correct it. If I were to generalize I would say that with high $ gear you are...
  13. B

E1DA 9038D Review (portable DAC & Amp)

I have seen no other dongle that has such a small usable volume range in my setup. So for my particular case (iPhone + Sundara, pretty common I guess) it’s an issue. Having a solution is great, having to pay 10$ for it is not. Other dongles exist with much more customization (EQ for instance)...
  14. B

E1DA 9038D Review (portable DAC & Amp)

Thanks for the answer feels like a basic function like this should be free, not half free
Top Bottom