Recent content by AudioSQ

1. AudioSQ

I am obsessed with my RPI5 running as a streamer for Qobuz and more!!!

I also agree. I have a Pi3 and 4. I was looking to grab the 5, but by the time you get a case, SD card, and power supply it was $150 so I opted for a mini PC. Its a much better experience (for me) and the cost difference just isn't there anymore.
  2. AudioSQ

Streaming Service Shuffle

I found a website by Steven Aleong that will reshuffle your playlist order (not to be confused with playing your current playlist order at equal weighted random) that for the most part solves my issue. I think it should be built in though, having to login through another website whenever I want...
  3. AudioSQ

I saw that in my Googling, but have my doubts that that will fix the issue. According to the definition from Spotify I'm not sure that feature applies to my personal playlist. "on select Spotify playlist".
  4. AudioSQ

I do not enjoy the shuffle option on Spotify. It seems to pick from the same pool of songs on my playlist instead of all of them. Some songs seem to get picked every single time I listen to a list while others I forget are even on the playlist. Is there a streaming service with a better...
  5. AudioSQ

Noob Speaker design question... Starting from scratch.

You say the data sheet has a crossover recommended.. is this already a design you'll just be copying? Or is it just a recommended crossover for one of the drivers? I don't know a ton about 3D printing boxes but if you're using a 12" driver that is a pretty big box. I would think to make it...
  6. AudioSQ

DIY Home Theater Kits

Looks like HT-8s just got back in stock...
  7. AudioSQ

DIY Home Theater Kits

I believe he does at least make some of the boxes for PE. I think the issue is he's had a lot of trouble getting drivers and the parts for crossovers for the kits since COVID. I've seen lots of promises of it getting better, but have yet to see it happen. He owns a landscaping company as his...
  8. AudioSQ

DIY Home Theater Kits

Since COVID.. DIYSG has pretty much stayed out of stock. You could be waiting a long time. I eventually gave up on them. It's a shame, before COVID it was a pretty good place to get kits. They do have the Helix Domes in stock and I've always been interested in trying those. I do have the Volt...
  9. AudioSQ

CSS Criton 1TD-X Kit Speaker Review

Interesting, bright is not an adjective generally associated with these. Usually the opposite. I'd say they're pretty laid back, and I've never experienced any listening fatigue myself. I've been hoping these would get reviewed here for some time as I'm a big fan of mine. I would buy them again...
  10. AudioSQ

Best way to screw a speaker into a baffle?

I've used t-nuts and threaded inserts, but didn't really care for either. I just drill a pilot hole and use wood screws, even for 18" subs. If it ever strips I'll try putting some wood glue in the hole, but haven't had any issues yet.
  11. AudioSQ

I've owned speakers by.....

B&W 601s Wharfdale 12.0s Everything else has been DIY Amigas Fusion 8s Volt 6s C Notes Copperheads CSS Criton 2TDXs (and non Xs) I think that's all of them that have a name.
  12. AudioSQ

CSS Audio Criton 1TD-X Build Log

Great job! I think those look way to pretty to put grills on. This renews my interest in veneering mine, but currently I'm spending my time and money on another hobby, the car. I can't go too far down the rabbit hole on that one though. Gets expensive real fast. Let us know your initial...
  13. AudioSQ

Show us your Cars

Yeah, 2002, about to roll over 10,500 miles.
  14. AudioSQ

Show us your Cars

I realize it's old, but not cool old. I had one in my early 20s and acknowledge the emotional component makes it cooler to me than it really is.
  15. AudioSQ

Parts Express Copperhead Desktop Full-Range Speaker build

I think they work great for low volume background music.. and they definitely don't have any bass that can travel. I think they were +/- 5 db above 100hz on my desk, but with a bit of EQ I was rather happy for the price and size. Look sharp too.
Top Bottom