Recent content by ascorbyl

1. A

Your favorite IEMs?

In what way does it hurt? Was hoping to pick up a pair of the Blessing2:Dusks when they go on sale. I swear by the old Sony hybrid eartips (M size). But those are impossible to find now (at least without importing), I've been trying out the magenta-coloured (S) Spinfits and they are just okay...
  2. A

Your favorite IEMs?

Is that because they have a pressure point somewhere on your ear and it starts to hurt?
  3. A

Developer Help With Review Index/Search

I think it would be helpful to be able to access the available data in its current state to see what we can do with it. Would the forum API allow for something simple like just embedding a React app in an iframe? I assume that’s what’s currently happening with the Tableau embed.
  4. A

Brief Overview of Some HDMI Audio Extractors

Should be exactly the same as the CCA as far as I know, but you might need to use the optical output from your TV I guess. Thanks for testing!
  5. A

Brief Overview of Some HDMI Audio Extractors

If this is in the wrong forum, please do move it to the right place. :) Since Google pulled the plug on the Chromecast Audio, I decided to order a few different HDMI audio extractors to see how they would be as a replacement by using them in conjunction with a regular Chromecast. I only tested...
  6. A

UMC204HD questions...

You would correct if they were talking about the UMC202HD. There are RCA monitor outputs on the UMC204HD that they can use.
  7. A

Chromecast Audio RIP

Which test results are you talking about in particular?
  8. A

Chromecast Audio RIP

Since the units go for around 20-30 dollars, I would assume the built-in line outs are trash. However, since the other outputs remain digital, there shouldn't be a huge degrading of sound quality. It would be interesting to see if there are any differences though. Also, I can't seem to find a...
  9. A

Chromecast Audio RIP

Now that the CCA is dead, would a good alternative be a regular Chromecast with an HDMI audio extractor? One with optical or coaxial digital outputs.
  10. A

UMC204HD questions...

Behringer is probably the best you can get in that price range in terms of performance for value. Next step up would probably be Focusrite or Audient (both pricy in comparison). I would say minimum 4x gain for the HD650. I get to about 2 o’ clock on high gain on the JDS Atom. I don’t know about...
  11. A

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

When my sources are plugged into the Atom separately, I'm able to turn it all the way up to max, on high gain, with no noise audible. However, when I add another source into the other input (such as when the shield of the RCA cable touches the input jack), I'm getting an irregular, high-pitched...
Top Bottom