Recent content by Anteaker

1. A

Wireless Rear Speakers

I have followed the advice given here and ordered Elac Uni-fi Reference speakers plus the Center Speaker. I also ordered the SVS sb-1000 pro subwoofer. This will all be driven by Marantz NR1711 AV Receiver. My question now has to do with the rear surround sound speakers. I have the LG SN11RG...
  2. A

Which Should I Get?

I really do appreciate the graphs. However, I am 79 years old and about as far away from being an Audiophile as one can get. I don't know what the graph means but to my very untrained eye they look very similar. Does that mean these two speakers are going to sound pretty much the same?
  3. A

Which Should I Get?

I want to purchase a new sound system to watch TV and Movies. I have narrowed it down to the Elac Debut Reference series and the Elac Uni-fi Reference Series. Considering one is about twice as expensive as the other am I really going to be able to tell a significant difference between these two?
  4. A

Onkyo vs Pioneer Elite

The Onkyo TX-RZ50 and the Pioneer Elite VSX-LX505 receivers are now featuring DIRAC Live. They are priced near each other so I am wondering is there a reason, technical or otherwise to favor one over the other?
  5. A

Need Guidance

Many thanks for your reply. I have done enough research that I am quite sure that the Philharmonic and CSS speakers are both going to be excellent. I am puzzled by the Hivi 3.1 though because I have read reports that they are good. What I am struggling to understand is how good. I am sure they...
  6. A

Need Guidance

Hi All, I have this quite insane notion that at my age ( 79 ) I might actually be able to build a kit for a HT. I have settled on the new Onkyo TX-RZ50 AVR as the unit to build upon. 95% of my listening will be TV & Movies. Some questions I have. 1. Based upon what I am listening too am I really...
Top Bottom