Recent content by andymok

1. A

Delta-sigma vs “Multibit”: what’s the big deal?

Google definitely not working as well as before anymore. Always wish to see a waveform captured from a scope, analog’s the best, so we also know the frontend isn’t limited.
  2. A

looking forward to see someone actually measures and publishes the rise/fall time of a strike in real life.
  3. A

why not? synthesizers are like arb waveform gen these days, and percussion = impulse by definition
  4. A

Speaker wires don't carry any energy (power).

that explains crosstalks and how gorund ground leads/wire/plane between conductors helps
  5. A

ASR Review & Measurement Dashboards 2.0

for some reason the index cannot be viewed on iOS (iPad/iPhone) ?
  6. A

Center channel for Home Theater

I actually use 2 speakers for C instead
  7. A

Otari MX-5050 Review (Reel to Reel Tape Deck)

has this unit been aligned and calibrated already?
  8. A

State of the art Home Theatre - how?

Contrary to many beliefs, Dolby Atmos, is just bed channels (ie surround) + objects/height. It can work right out of the box if you have done set-up and alignment (time, phase, amplitude) externally already (ie right room design and speaker placement). They are virtual models and designed to...
  9. A

Monitor controller doesn't decode anything afaik. They simply take multi-ch PCM/DSD and do all the routing/up-mix/down-mix matrixes with a flip of switch outside the box. m908 System Flow Diagram Rev C
  10. A

a lot of times, the bottleneck is either the room, alignment, or gain structures. Replacing equipment is easy, so there is no point to single out an equipment. The other two done right at the first time, not so.
  11. A

Get your room built right first. Then alignment. Then we talk about hardware.
  12. A

Genelec 8330A Review (Studio Monitor)

For max system bandwidth for fastest rise time?
  13. A

Explain to me what I'm hearing from 45W to 80W

more power will drive transient better and handle back EMF better
  14. A

Why The Watt is so big on Active Subwoofer?

because parts are big and heavy, air to move is also lots and heavy, and human are fairly insensitive to low frequency which needs a whole lot more to make up the perceived loudness
  15. A

Multichannel DAC lobby!

I too just realise recently ;), you can check out volume control ICs such as Ti's PGA2310, inside you will find how a 2-ch IC can cascade and expand control further.
Top Bottom