Recent content by _Bass

1. B

XLR - RCA maximum length?

Let me clarify a couple of things. I already purchased Genelec 8030s and they are on their way. The only input they have is XLR and I will be hooking them up to my AVR as surrounds (mains are the same and work fantastic). As per the Genelec manual, the RCA signal should be wired to pin 2 of...
  2. B

So AVR pre-out --> RCA to XLR cable + XLR to XLR cable --> Speaker input will not degrade the quality of the signal or introduce any negative effects?
  3. B

I was advised not to use such an adapter in the music shop.
  4. B

So if I read this table correctly, 9-12 meters (30ft-40ft) is a non issue for unbalanced cables?
  5. B

Hi all, I am getting active speakers for my left and right surround. As such, I need to run longer RCA - XLR cables from my AVR to the speakers (XLR in only). Ideally, I need a cable that is 12 meters long, worst case I can make it work with 9 meters. What is the maximum length I can use if...
  6. B

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

To me, the sub is always needed as it adds quite a bit to the bottom octaves. You cannot have chest slam without a subwoofer.
  7. B

Do you know that for a fact? In what way is the sound better? I thought that the 8030B is also a Class D amplifier and the performance is pretty much the same with 8030C. Quite frankly, not sure what is the change of the 8030C revision other than having 50W as opposed to 40W
  8. B

How did they sound in your office?
  9. B

Best small subwoofers with near-20Hz performance?

I still think you cannot beat SVS for performance and reasonable price.
  10. B

I'd be intersted in that list. Can you dig it out and share the link with us?
  11. B

I am looking to build a living room home theater, listening distance is about 2.5m away. I thought paired with two subs should be more than enough output. My listening levels are typically at most -20 or even lower with TV content... Anything beyond that is too loud for me (apartment setup)
  12. B

So, are we saying 8030C is no good for home theater setup due to it being a "desktop speaker" and sounding small from a distance? If you couple them with a couple of subs is that still the case?
  13. B

Get one of the SVS models mentioned -- I do not think you can beat their performance and price. I personally like ported as I want the sub to be capable for music and movies, but it is your preference. If you can get two of the same SB1000 or PB1000 you will have lots of good bass.
  14. B

That sounds pretty disappointing. Have you tried crossing them over higher... say at 100Hz and see if things improve? Also, perhaps your tiny subwoofer (not sure if you are being sarcastic here) is not able to complement them if they are really flat to 80Hz. How far is your listening...
  15. B

Please do let us know once you get them what are your impressions :)
Top Bottom