• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which pre built Purifi Amp sould I buy?

NAD, he’s aiming high.
NAD is available via regular regular resellers so I could get one with zero shipping fees.

And I could probably haggle a 10-15% discount as well so that would bring the price lower than what boXem charges (shipping fees included).

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Since our main EU competitor charges a kidney, we thought that leg + arm would be reasonable
;)
That doesn’t sound too bad, since we left the EU to get something imported to the U.K. we now have to hand our over our balls:p

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
NAD is available via regular regular resellers so I could get one with zero shipping fees.

And I could probably haggle a 10-15% discount as well so that would bring the price lower than what boXem charges (shipping fees included).
Sounds like you’ve decided not to buy an amplifier from @boXem | audio and want to tell everyone. I’m sure he’d love to sell you an amp but no one is forcing you to buy one . @boXem | audio is a small manufacturer building a premium product in small volumes. The prices are very reasonable whe factoring for that.

Sounds like you’ve decided not to buy an amplifier from @boXem | audio and want to tell everyone. I’m sure he’d love to sell you an amp but no one is forcing you to buy one . @boXem | audio is a small manufacturer building a premium product in small volumes. The prices are very reasonable whe factoring for that.
Let's say their prices for the products are fair. 77 eur as shipping fees for less than a 1000 km courier journey within the EU is outright marking up their product in a hidden way.

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Let's say their prices for the products are fair. 77 eur as shipping fees for less than a 1000 km courier journey within the EU is outright marking up their product in a hidden way.
You told me 68 in MP. But I agree that's quite expensive. In fact shipping to some Asian countries or US would be cheaper.
In this price is included the insurance and it costs a fortune by itself. (1% of the product value). The rest is decided by DHL country by country and they are clearly not competitive with yours.
We are making zero margin on the shipping, and even worse, since prices are increasing almost on a daily basis we usually loose a few eur between the time of order and time of shipping.

Last edited:

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm pretty sure @Phorize was kidding (as obvious as it was).

Now, regarding my own case, I see 33,54€ for shipping the Arthur Purifi.
Screenshot_20211110-062729.png

- Apollon asks 63€ for sending the Purifi Mini (gorgeous little unit, BTW).

- Rouge doesn't sell any stereo Purifi, but if you ask for the same priced NC500 stereo amp, I also see 33€ for shipping.

(Please note that both also show their price ext VAT.)

- At last, if I compare to Audiophonics (the one BoXem probably had in mind): If I want to buy a HPA-S400ET, it is still 22€ for a similar service (TNT), even tho when we are talking about France to France shipping...

At the end of the day, apples and oranges comparaison, since the last one is a much much bigger company than the three others.

Shipping prices seem fair and not worse nor better than others...

You told me 68 in MP. But I agree that's quite expensive. In fact shipping to some Asian countries or US would be cheaper.
In this price is included the insurance and it costs a fortune by itself. (1% of the product value). The rest is decided by DHL country by country and they are clearly not competitive with yours.
We are making zero margin on the shipping, and even worse, since prices are increasing almost on a daily basis we usually loose a few eur between the time of order and time of shipping.
Well, Luxembourg post does it at least 25 eur cheaper. Still quite high but considering the wages level in Luxembourg I guess it's acceptable.

Why do you use exclusively DHL?

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Well, Luxembourg post does it at least 25 eur cheaper. Still quite high but considering the wages level in Luxembourg I guess it's acceptable.

Why do you use exclusively DHL?
I made one shipping with Luxembourg Post. Took 2.5 weeks to UK before brexit, tracking was not updated, spent 45 minutes at the post office,... Cheaper indeed.
We have worked with the 3 big installed in Luxembourg, pricing is almost the same but DHL offers the best service, both for us and our customers.

I made one shipping with Luxembourg Post. Took 2.5 weeks to UK before brexit, tracking was not updated, spent 45 minutes at the post office,... Cheaper indeed.
We have worked with the 3 big installed in Luxembourg, pricing is almost the same but DHL offers the best service, both for us and our customers.
OK, fair enough. It's expensive AF but mainly due to how much the courier company is charging so it's not directly your fault.

And since you are a boutique vendor with small volumes you cannot negotiate better rates.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OK, fair enough. It's expensive AF but mainly due to how much the courier company is charging so it's bit directly your fault.

And since you are a boutique vendor with small volumes you cannot negotiate better rates.
I do wonder how cheap we want couriers to be. A major factor in the Brexit vote was the enormous dependence on the ‘gig’ economy, with millions of people trapped under a glass ceiling. And those petrol queues you saw on TV? Turns out that the gig economy doesn’t deliver the most resilient national infrastructure. Chronic under investment in critical infrastructure undermines the fabric of civil society. Personally i won’t use couriers whose prices depend on my neighbours having to live like serfs.

maty

Major Contributor
You have Acoustic Research AR11 speakers.

If I am you, I would first focus on trying to improve the loudspeakers. If not, Hypex NC252 or NC502 is enough.

The cheap option:

Last edited:

ad_fletch

Forum Donor
Like using a Tesla powertrain in a classic muscle car…actually, I can see the appeal now :)

Ps can vouch for the MPA-S250NC suggested by @maty. May be some nits to pick, but 250W is still a lot, and the value is stratospheric. I just got one, and so far it’s faithfully reproducing whatever I plug in with no noticeable noise.

Mario Soldier

We have better than a 12V trigger, an audio sense. How many DACs tested here have a trigger out?

Do you sell this "audio sense modul" alone without an amplifier?(for DIY justr for people who just have an amplifier:?

At the mnoment i use Ice extend modules.They have 5 volt and 12 volt triggers, 5 Volt aux and a symetric audio sense,but they are out of production....

They also gives "universal mains" to hypex 1200 modules.(but i dont need).

In my opinion there is nothing better thann audio sense.....( i have 7.3.4 and will upgrade to 7.4.6) ,but when i hear music i hear stereo.So all other amplifiers (that would not be needed shut down ..

Regards Mario

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Do you sell this "audio sense modul" alone without an amplifier?(for DIY justr for people who just have an amplifier:?

At the mnoment i use Ice extend modules.They have 5 volt and 12 volt triggers, 5 Volt aux and a symetric audio sense,but they are out of production....

They also gives "universal mains" to hypex 1200 modules.(but i dont need).

In my opinion there is nothing better thann audio sense.....( i have 7.3.4 and will upgrade to 7.4.6) ,but when i hear music i hear stereo.So all other amplifiers (that would not be needed shut down ..

Regards Mario
Up to now the function had been integrated to the buffer with specific interfaces to the amp modules. So not really DIYer friendly.

Vavilen

You have Acoustic Research AR11 speakers.

If I am you, I would first focus on trying to improve the loudspeakers. If not, Hypex NC252 or NC502 is enough.

The cheap option:

How far is a Hypex NC252 amp from a Purifi amp? I don't need this huge power as Purifi has, but what about the sound quality?
Should I spend ~600 Euro more to feel the difference?
Also, is there any way to buy just a Hypex NC252 plate and use my custom case?

ps I gonna use it with this pair of speakers: https://heissmann-acoustics.de/dxt-mon/

Top Bottom