• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The post in which Darko basically tells anyone who isn't a rich rube to ignore him and audiophilia in general

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That joke absolute backfires on Americans.
Stella is fairly expensive (in pubs) here too but it has a reputation for making its drinkers violent, why I don't know, and it has been known as "wife beater" for decades.
"I'll have a pint of wife beater"

OP
Jimbob54

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
No, I lived in Boeblingen, Germany for a few years.

I needed a winter weekend getaway to some more uplifting places.

Shoulda gone to Hull. The arse end of Germany would have felt like a cosmopolitan paradise after that weekend

OP
Jimbob54

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Stella is fairly expensive (in pubs) here too but it has a reputation for making its drinkers violent, why I don't know, and it has been known as "wife beater" for decades.
"I'll have a pint of wife beater"

Convenient excuse for the misogynistic thugs that knock back pints of cooking lager in 'Spoons for brunch.

OP
Jimbob54

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It was billed as fine Jamaican skunk, but tasted like yeasty potpourri.[/QUOTE

All I can tell you is that ferrets are a popular pet in these parts, they bed down in sawdust and smell like the devil's ass. Leave a bag of that sawdust sealed in a warm place for a couple of days.....

Dmitri

Forum Donor
Jesus...look at the time...there’s a couple of hours I’ll never get back....

KaiserSoze

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have known intelligent creationists.

Maybe it’s just my biased perception, but Fremer does not strike me as particularly intelligent.

It's hard to say about Fremer. My guess is that he's smarter than wants anyone to know, but I don't really know. If he is as stupid as he wants us to believe, he's very stupid and yet has figured out a way to use stupidity to get wealthy (most likely).

I don't really know about intelligent creationists, and I should probably stay away from there.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
On a serious note , you doing a practice run at making weight for your competition, do you have to cut alot ?

I'm in the middle of a cut right now. It's a bitch because in the last 6 weeks before competition you have to hit weekly PRs to peak at the right time for the meet while also at a 30% calorie deficit.

Pre-season, I train at ~104-105 kg at maintenance calories.

Then 5-7 few days before competition, I'll go zero carb, which allows a buffer for creatine loading right before the meet. Creatine adds back in another 2 kg of water weight.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hull, twined with any shithole you care to mention.
My favour twinned with sign.
20090807_170447.jpg

Not really applicable to this thread as this is somewhere worth going, well the pub is.

Top Bottom