• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WolfX700 Measurement of Topping L30 Headphone Amp

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
@JohnYang1997 - any news on release? Presumably some small delay due to pot matching?
Found the cause. Will waste a bunch of boards and components. And will not need manual matching anymore. That also means current A90 doesn't suffer from this issue and will have almost -50db matching for most units. Like the original wolf's a90 review.

mt196

Found the cause. Will waste a bunch of boards and components. And will not need manual matching anymore. That also means current A90 doesn't suffer from this issue and will have almost -50db matching for most units. Like the original wolf's a90 review.
Anything to do for current A90 users instead?

iamwhoiam

In the short term, that means you've been working very hard! Congrats and well done.

In the long term, that's a win/win for Topping and your hungry customers. :cool:

So sound like August shipping possibly?

MadMan

Any chance of posting at least a dashboard of this with a more normal 2V input ? I hardly think anyone will be feeding this with single-ended 4V or 5V input.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Any chance of posting at least a dashboard of this with a more normal 2V input ? I hardly think anyone will be feeding this with single-ended 4V or 5V input.
AP's noise is the main noise source and performance limiter.

Illtrick

@JohnYang1997 do you feel like it’s ready to go to production or do you still have some loose ends to chase down?

MadMan

AP's noise is the main noise source and performance limiter.

Well, somewhere between 50mV and 4V that is no longer the case, unless you're say ~104 SNR (the only test with lower input voltage) is the AP analyzer noise at 50mV input ?

Regardless, it seems strange to test multiple input voltages which don't represent real-world use.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Well, somewhere between 50mV and 4V that is no longer the case, unless you're say ~104 SNR (the only test with lower input voltage) is the AP analyzer noise at 50mV input ?

Regardless, it seems strange to test multiple input voltages which don't represent real-world use.
It's 94db for AP(as amir's a90 measurements say). Wolf was using a 40db amplifier to perform the measurement. Hence we got 104db here. Which means 0.3uV noise.

Tup3x

odyo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Already in production.
Hope it's $130 like E30. These are Schiit and JDS stack killer. Being expensive can hurt these since people prefer different things when you go up.

Tup3x

I don't mind if it's a bit price if it's has better quality. Atom for example is just a plastic box, doesn't even have on/off switch and lacks negative gain option.

Illtrick

I don't mind if it's a bit price if it's has better quality. Atom for example is just a plastic box, doesn't even have on/off switch and lacks negative gain option.
Agreed. That and the power/output selector switch being on the front. Frankly if Schiit didn’t insist on rear power switch and stadium brightness leds I’d still have my Schiit stack.

Top Bottom