• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Worst movie ever?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Worst movie, for me....

MV5BMTM3MDI3Mzc0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjA4OTEzNA@@._V1_.jpg

And I LOVE zappa.
But I've just realised how the Foo Fighters movie came about. No amount of money would convince me to watch that though.

Multicore

Major Contributor
The only movie I actually hate>
Jean Luc Godard's Alphaville.
Absolute horror.
Pure torture to watch.
How much burping can one really listen to. I couldn't finish it. Apart from the burping it's mostly a decoration of manly cigarette smoking and cute Parisian chicks.

Multicore

Major Contributor

Gentlemen Broncos​

I was persuaded to watch this pile of do do by my podcast partner. The ep will be out in a couple of weeks. It's just dismal. We often do movies in double bills and I paired this with Clerks, which is just fantastic.

Sunshine​

The 1999 István Szabó is not necessarily a competitor for the worst film ever by objective standards but me and my wife both loathed it. Monumentally conceited and overblow.

Russian Ark​

I dare you to disagree.

Last edited:

Andysu

Major Contributor
I watched that 'Bad Santa' film twice as I thought I must have missed something first time. So many people rate it. But I don't get it.

Best Xmas film is 'Die Hard' no question about it. You should also have a Bond on Xmas Day - Connery or Moore period only ofc. Ideally while you eat.

For Boxing Day either 'A Bridge Too Far' or 'Zulu'* is mandatory in the afternoon. Take care to time it with the footy, either before or afterwards is acceptable.

* 'Zulu Dawn' is an acceptable alternative.
333033895_927485795089496_2874304333477802643_n.jpg

333276184_891400832169520_7754061562795053572_n.jpg

jkasch

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Aw, c'mon. It's objectively terrible by many standard critical metrics but it's one of those movies that comes out the other end as kinda triumphantly awesome like Plan 9 from Outer Space.
Okay. So bad, it’s good. Now, the English Patient…

ta240

Major Contributor
I could argue than 80-90% of movies from the last couple of years could be easily given the title.
I've re-watched ones from a decade or two ago that I wasn't that impressed with at the time but compared to modern stuff they seemed much better.

ta240

Major Contributor
Yes, totally.

There are two ways this thread is being played:
- worst movie in absolute terms
- worst movie with critical acclaim or cult following

I like the second version of the game much better.

With that in mind:
The Shining and Clockwork Orange are completely overrated.
Not a fan of either. Although I did actually like the Steven Weber Shining better. But I find most of Stephen Kings movies and miniseries very slow moving and predictable. With characters that always move and talk the slowest at the points when they don't have time. Basically "let me stop and slowly explain to you why we should be running as fast as we can right now"

Multicore

Major Contributor
The Shining and Clockwork Orange are completely overrated.
Overrated, perhaps, but both have something to offer.

The Shining is very funny especially when it's trying to be scary, the opening sequence is great, and Shelley Duvall's performance is amazing. But it's too long and starts to drag. As a horror I think it's a flop; maybe it was scary at the time; but without it I'm not sure we would have Antichrist.

I have a thing for those madcap English social satires with Malcolm McDowell. If..., O Lucky Man! etc and Clockwork Orange has some awesome design and costumes and fantastic switched-on soundtrack.

MAB

Major Contributor
Soviet masterpiece: LOTR

Хранители | Часть 1 | Телеспектакль по мотивам повести Д.Р.Р.Толкиена

I had no idea magic mushrooms were so popular back in the in USSR.;)

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I think the single worst movie I've ever watched was the original Alien. Pointless, long, boring, with two exceptions: the little alien critter bursting out of the guy's chest was pretty cool. The scene with Sigourney Weaver going back to get the cat in her underwear was unbelievably idiotic -- but, I mean... Sigourney Weaver in her underwear was the other highlight in a colossally dismal movie.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I think the single worst movie I've ever watched was the original Alien. Pointless, long, boring, with two exceptions: the little alien critter bursting out of the guy's chest was pretty cool. The scene with Sigourney Weaver going back to get the cat in her underwear was unbelievably idiotic -- but, I mean... Sigourney Weaver in her underwear was the other highlight in a colossally dismal movie.
How could you think that!? I like scifi (in those days scifi movies were rare, and most were cheesy B movies). I don't much care for horror movies. But scifi/horror done well.....thought it was a wonderful movie.

Agree with you on Sigourney Weaver. She was really good in The Year of Living Dangerously.

Descartes

Major Contributor
I've re-watched ones from a decade or two ago that I wasn't that impressed with at the time but compared to modern stuff they seemed much better.
A lot of the new stuff is garbage loaded with politically correct BS! Disney is probably the worst studio!

Andysu

Major Contributor
Sooty isn't impressed with this rubbish dolby atmos mix , worst re-recording mixers , worst music worst cgi , worst it is worst , it doesn't have below surround , Sooty sniffs and thinks , dolby labs are thee worst now , which isn't too far from the truth

17760886_10155005910570149_6552503298250865075_o.jpg

what is this rubbish doing in the cat litter tray ?

17546689_10155005911155149_1679084632881936723_o (1).jpg

Andysu

Major Contributor
i want you to " mostly " apologise now lol " mostly "

i like to agree i think alien is slow and utterly pointless , why i would say that , because i can , in few no hours i may say , i " like " alien , not watched dvd 20th anniversary region 1 which has better scope 2.35:1 than that rubbish uhd disc format that has image zoomed in a bit , thus cropping off portion of the image , " mostly "

Andysu

Major Contributor
Top Bottom