• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wadax Reference Server

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Thinking of getting one of these as well the design is so understated.
It looks fairly standard high end tosh , milled from 150kg of aluminium, five power supplies etc etc but they make great play of their ‘digital waveform control’.
which consists of Input/output gain and ‘speed’ which controls the rise time of the bit waveforms’!
Before I splash out my £233k I thought I would plumb the ASR hive mind.
IMG_3595.png

‘ Digital Waveform Control, a set of three rotary knobs that allow users to adjust/compensate for errors in the rise-time and amplitude of the sent signal as well as the spacing on the return channel (counteracting echoes and reflections). ‘

behindthesofa

This obviously only makes sense if you buy the optional external power supply as well. 50k only, includes a 5 inch full colour screen.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thinking of getting one of these as well the design is so understated.
It looks fairly standard high end tosh , milled from 150kg of aluminium, five power supplies etc etc but they make great play of their ‘digital waveform control’.
which consists of Input/output gain and ‘speed’ which controls the rise time of the bit waveforms’!
Before I splash out my £233k I thought I would plumb the ASR hive mind.
View attachment 359438
‘ Digital Waveform Control, a set of three rotary knobs that allow users to adjust/compensate for errors in the rise-time and amplitude of the sent signal as well as the spacing on the return channel (counteracting echoes and reflections). ‘
get well soon ;) what happened ?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

JayGilb

Major Contributor
With reviews like: "It’s not an incremental advance in sound quality—more of the same but better. Rather, the Wadax pair sounds different in kind rather than in degree. The qualities that the Wadax embodies are so important musically. The Wadax conveys a feeling of spontaneity, vitality, and contemporaneous music-making that is the antithesis of canned and sterile."

How can one pass it up ?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
This obviously only makes sense if you buy the optional external power supply as well. 50k only, includes a 5 inch full colour screen.
Quite and you need a dac of course £130k, the screen is a bit on the small side for the price.
Keith

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Ooooh ... can you manually adjust the speed of the waveform in real time? that sounds like the kind of challenge I've been missing ...

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Seriously it is such an audacious lie, wiim/Wadax unsighted comparison that would be interesting.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Best part of half a million pounds, you just need one premier league footballer.
Keith

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This thing is cheap at twice the price. I'd make sure you also get one for the kids.

Ze Frog

'uses unique technologies to deliver musical performance...' Lol.

I'm seriously thinking of dreaming up something, make it look fancy and sell for mega money. All I need to do is find some old routers at the tip, get some wood and maybe some polished brass for a bit of glitz and should be a £10,000 audiophile router. And whoever buys this will be definitely wanting one of those.

quattro98

Forum Donor
How practical. If only there were another alternative solution to heavy, audiophile grade USB cables and a standard USB socket.

"Rather than relying on the Ethernet to carry your fragile data from the Reference Server to your DAC, at Wadax we prefer a direct link using USB. But no ordinary USB. Rather than off-the-shelf components, we build our own USB physical layer driver to ensure accurate data transfer. We provide a mechanical support for the cable, to deal with the issue of incompatibility between the USB connector and heavy, audiophile grade USB cables, so that the weight of the cable cannot compromise the performance of the connection."

serverImageBlock5.jpg

Ze Frog

How practical. If only there were another alternative solution to heavy, audiophile grade USB cables and a standard USB socket.

"Rather than relying on the Ethernet to carry your fragile data from the Reference Server to your DAC, at Wadax we prefer a direct link using USB. But no ordinary USB. Rather than off-the-shelf components, we build our own USB physical layer driver to ensure accurate data transfer. We provide a mechanical support for the cable, to deal with the issue of incompatibility between the USB connector and heavy, audiophile grade USB cables, so that the weight of the cable cannot compromise the performance of the connection."

serverImageBlock5.jpg
Lol.

Top Bottom